The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
N20 Whore
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinkin of gettin 1 12" sub. either a JBL GT1241 or an infinity reference 1220w. both have 300w rms and over 1000 peak power. what amp would i need to get to power one of these subs? And, what's the difference w/ohms (2 or 4)?:confused:

·
N20 Whore
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK! then what are ohms in relation to subs, some r 2 ohm and some r 4 ohm? any ideas on the amp?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Ok, im gonna try to explain this the best i can. Basically, you want to match the ohms of the sub with the ohms of the amp. For example, if you had a 4ohm sub that was rated at 300watts rms, the you should try to find an amp that put out 300watts rms in a 4ohm load. Generally speaking, when you cut the ohms in half for an amp then the amp doubles it power.

As far as what amp to get, look for one that puts out 300w rms in what ever ohm load you need.

Im not sure if I answered your question right, but I tried.

·
N20 Whore
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is a Bazooka EL1500 mono-amp, w/360w x 1 at 4 ohms any good?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I cant really give an opinion on that amp because I have never heard it or anything about it. You could always give it a try though. Another amp that I was thinking about is a jbl bp300.1(if you have a 2ohm sub) they retail for 350, but can be had for less.
If you tell me your budget, I can give you some more suggestions.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Amp suggestions?? I have $300 max to spend. I just want some nice sounding bass...i don't want anything that's heard blocks or miles away...I just want some good bass that I can live with and be happy and spend my other money on rims, body kit, and performance.

·
Girl-Moderator
1,395 Posts
my recommendation would be soundstream or autotek. these amps actually push the wattages that they say they do. And these are the ones i've had personal experience with. One recommendation is ebay, or the websites people have posted that carry car audio where you can get something at a discounted price. The Soundstream 200 I have was bought at a pawnshop for $35, the Autotek chrome 800Xi i have was bought at a pawnshop for $100. Both bought over a year ago and still working great. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That is probably the best response to one of my questions that I have ever heard

no bullshit, just straight to the point, that's how everyone should be on this site.

thanks man

later

·
N20 Whore
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My limit is also around $300, just tryin to find a good mono 4ohm amp. I have found the Bazooka EL1500 and Autotek SS750.1 (both are $300) Also found a Phoenix Gold QX2350, but no price. Any better ideas?

·
Registered
84 Posts
hey man... I just found the best site with the prices and the specifics....I already found a few freakin awesome deals...go to

www.uscaraudio.com

it's the best site I have found yet...you should find what you need there!!!

good luck!!

·
Girl-Moderator
1,395 Posts
That is an awesome amp!!! But you said you didn't want anything where they could hear you down the block.... :)
You'd have to turn the gain down pretty low on it because
it puts out a pure, clean 500w mono. Other amps claim
it, these do it. My bf has a Soundstream 500s in his truck
pushing 2 Soundstream SPL 15's. And the truck has hit right
at 140db, untuned. But the references series is one of the
best amps you can buy in my opinion. See below.

jonboy1433 said:
anyone know if this is a good amp???

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Another amp comparable to the soundstream one would be an orion xtr500.2, it puts out 500w at 4ohm though, so I dont know if that will help you. They retail for 600, but I got mine off ebay for 200.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts