The Nissan Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Po-rican
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace and amp my factory speakers on my 2nd gen (6.5's). I want to know which speakers will fit and still be able to handle some power. I heard a lot of people like the Kappa's, but crutchfield doesn't list them as fitting in the doors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
the 2nd gen alty has 6 3/4 size speakers. i dont know about you but i am planning to get the pioneer 3-ways to go with my pioneer DEH-7300 head unit

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have Pioneer 3ways all around. They sound great. I have heard nothing but great things about Infinity's though. It all depends on what you want.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Infinity's are great speakers but they don't fit the door well at all. If you are looking into buying at Crutchfield, I would take a serious look at the POLK's. They are on special and sound VERY NICE! I wished I would have gotten them.

Pioneers are nice too along with the Kenwoods (which I have). Don't buy the Blaupunkt's OD series they don't fit my 2001 GXE LE, even though Crutchfield claims they do. Hopefully, they will change that listing.

Get the POLK's you won't be sorry :)

JB

·
Registered
31 Posts
MIDRANGE SPEAKERS

I have CDT comps in the fronts of my 98 altima. They are great. They are rated to 90 RMS but i have about 170 on my fronts...in kck panels. I have a rear set for sale... great speakers... I dont need rear fill anymore. Great deinition, 6.5 midrange, phase perfect X-over w/ +-3 Db jump for tweet and .75 SILK dome tweet. If u wanna buy them email me [email protected] they run aobut 290 on websites. ill sell mine for alot lowr than that.
George

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just put the polk comp dx3065 in the front and the dx6's in the rear amped up and i'm hearing shit on cd's that i have never heard before. these speakers sound better than mb quarts imo. the fucking highs and mids on those speakers are mesmerizing, i'm talking unbelievably crisp. definitely recommend and with subs i can only imagine the sound.

·
Dreamer
546 Posts
The Infinity Reference series is very nice. I got a set in the rear deck and they sound amazing....even off the deck without an amp. Very deep mid base, clear highs. I also have a set of 2 way kappas coming. They should be good also.

·
ItalianStallion
325 Posts
i personally love my audiobahn 6.5" in the back. if you not looking to fork out for some nice infinity's or mb's then i'd recommend the audiobahn sound over pioneer or kenwood or any of that shit. they cost less too.

·
Po-rican
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Ok thanks guys. Just to clear up a little. What I want to do is get some good coax's for the front that can handle around 70w RMS or better. They need to be a basic installation and handle power. My car has way nuff bass from my Jl's, but now I need some good high/mid sound. Don't really have $$ for components, unless somebodies got a real cheap spot. I was looking at the polk ex652a's and the DX6 (i think those are the models) will they fit in the doors and how the sound? How about audiobahns AS65c, those can handle 120W!

·
Respect It or Check It!!!
77 Posts
audiobahns are better and the just came out with some new shit
if you are a member of apex audio, then you should have no
problem finding them they got a 2400w amp for 569$. now if you go to one of those other audio shops, they will charge you about
900-1200$ for it:cool:

·
11,384 Posts
hawkeye said:
I just put the polk comp dx3065 in the front and the dx6's in the rear amped up and i'm hearing shit on cd's that i have never heard before. these speakers sound better than mb quarts imo. the fucking highs and mids on those speakers are mesmerizing, i'm talking unbelievably crisp. definitely recommend and with subs i can only imagine the sound.

I sold my polks and got all MB. I hated my polks. I think they sounded like crap.

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
domm said:
i personally love my audiobahn 6.5" in the back. if you not looking to fork out for some nice infinity's or mb's then i'd recommend the audiobahn sound over pioneer or kenwood or any of that shit. they cost less too.
i agree, they hit the highs oooo so great, damn they sound soo sweet, mine are 3 ways 120 watts rms, and they sound good off the factory deck. i paid $65 for the pair. BEST BANG for the buck

·
Registered
46 Posts
well peterson you are the first person i know to complain about the polks. and this is out of at least 200 reviews so I think your the exception.(personal opinion). also you didn't describe your setup so I can't see what might have been the reason for your displeasure.

·
Po-rican
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Siizzzoooo said:

i agree, they hit the highs oooo so great, damn they sound soo sweet, mine are 3 ways 120 watts rms, and they sound good off the factory deck. i paid $65 for the pair. BEST BANG for the buck

Will these fit the front? I found them cheap online and wanna order them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I personally would put some boston acoustics in the front two doors and the same for the back speakers and a regular kenwood stereo to hear clear crisp sounds and a surround system. with the addition of two 12" boston subs and an audiobahn amp , trust me u good to go for all sounds of music.;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts