The Nissan Club banner

What are pros and cons of coilovers ?

15K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Brad Lehrke 
#1 ·
I'm thinking to replace my Eibach springs with BC racing coilovers. Any thoughts ?

#2 ·
Depends on what your going for

Coilovers will drop your car very low and you will usually have better steering response when cornering and switch lanes however the ride will be more stiff and more hars than springs.

I have BC coilovers on my maxima and they ride pretty good.If you live in areas with bad roads and bumpy surfaces your best bet is get brand name coilovers.If you live in areas with pretty good roads then you could proably get some cheaper coilovers.Right now Teins and BC's are pretty good brands

#3 ·
They are adjustable too..so you can drop it in summer and go back in winter..if you have winter..

I don't know of any cons with coilover other than they are expensive..

#4 ·
+ Adjustable Dampening (if BC has this on their models). I think its common to only think drops/ride height adjustments with coilovers and nothing about adjustable dampening which lets you stiffen or soften the ride to your liking. I can't imagine getting a set of coilovers without this option.

#6 ·
also isnt it usually the case that even of the soften the ride to the very softess its still stiff as fck?

#5 ·
i say get the BC coilovers , if i was keeping my car i would have put the BC's on already .

p.s. if you get coilovers , have your car corner weighed and have the suspension set and tuned by a good suspension shop , this will get the most out of the coilovers .

good luck and tell us what you decide to do .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.