The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered one from nissan today for $60, it will be here in five days, i just wanted to know what color is it and can i paint in a differnt color? if so what kind of paint should i use ?

·
Registered
94 Posts
My Nissan STB was black in color. It was scratched in a few places to I just touched it up. I'm pretty sure you can use regular aerosol canned paint. I would primer it and use a clear coat just for longevity.

·
Bboy Style
1,593 Posts
Well, my "Focuz" stb is polished aluminum w/ blue brackets. I plan on painting it too. I'll probably use engine spray paint, for the high temp resistence. Don't know if that's really significant or not!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
are we talking about the bar and not the brackets? I didn't know the stillen one came in black. kinda cool. u got a pic?
I got the ebay one...which's pretty generic. black brackets (chipping) and shiny bar that's dull now. msn.communities.com/timeslip to see pics in the photo album.
Jay

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
damn..my bad...i thought it read Stillen, but it was Nissan.
Jay

·
Former Alty Owner
753 Posts
Mines is Chromiado.....:D

·
coffee black and egg whit
2,062 Posts

ehhhhh...2nd gens with shaved sidemoldings look gimpy?how much did that shit cost? and why did u do it? makes the car look weird for sum reason....

·
Former Alty Owner
753 Posts
victor said:

not platiado? :D
you're right.. Using proper spanish it would be "Platiado".. but I have been raised by Cubans in the Cuban infested city of Hialeah. Those of you that have visited or passed by Hialeah, are aware that in this city... You are allowed and it's accepted to make up your own "Spanglish" terminology... Therefore, we call it "Chromiado":D

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
My nissan FSTB came black with lots of scratches cause it was delivered to the dealership without a plastic bag! I painted it red with some high temp engine spray paint

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
15,220 Posts
AltimaJG said:

you're right.. Using proper spanish it would be "Platiado".. but I have been raised by Cubans in the Cuban infested city of Hialeah. Those of you that have visited or passed by Hialeah, are aware that in this city... You are allowed and it's accepted to make up your own "Spanglish" terminology... Therefore, we call it "Chromiado":D
I too use Chromiado.. I was just being a smartass. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts