The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Nissan Altima. It has a clunk sound in the driver wheel everytime I go from park to drive and reverse. It does not do it after I take of but when the tranny engages the gears. I've changed 3 engine mounts and now I have ver minimal movement of engine and tranny. It's a guessing game for me but I have bought a new axle and will be doing a fluid change at the same time. Please if anyone knows exactly what it is or may have an idea feel free to help lol. If I wasn't able to discover very well ask questions and let me know

·
Registered
30 Posts
That would be suspension related. My money would be on a bad ball joint or control arm bushing. Strut mounts can also cause that. Lift the front of the car up and give everything a good shake down. Another thing you can do is have someone out of the car and put the car into drive and see if you see the wheel violently move backwards, then put the car in reverse and see if you see the wheel move violently forwards. IF you cannot find the issue, a $100 diagnostic fee at a dealership for a solid answer is better than throwing $$$ in parts at the car to potentially stumble upon the answer.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,301 Posts
That would be suspension related. My money would be on a bad ball joint or control arm bushing. Strut mounts can also cause that. Lift the front of the car up and give everything a good shake down. Another thing you can do is have someone out of the car and put the car into drive and see if you see the wheel violently move backwards, then put the car in reverse and see if you see the wheel move violently forwards. IF you cannot find the issue, a $100 diagnostic fee at a dealership for a solid answer is better than throwing $$$ in parts at the car to potentially stumble upon the answer.
I found mine after chasing it for about 2 years....Broken Coil Spring...Little piece of it was sitting on top of the strut

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well guys thanks for the help! It turned out to be axle I guess. I have replaced it and now there is no clunk noise. Problem solved!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts