The Nissan Club banner

3701 - 3720 of 3760 Posts

·
Chibby's Mom
5 Posts
I actually doubt that whatever they did during the maintenance work didn't affect the MAF sensor or the PCV.

They told me they'll check if it'll be a repair under warranty. So I got my car back and checked if they, at least, cleared the engine check. Looks like they did. We'll see how it'll turn out next week. Thanks for the advice. If they'll say it won't be an in-warranty repair, I'll just do it myself.

·
Chibby's Mom
5 Posts
I actually doubt that whatever they did during the maintenance work didn't affect the MAF sensor or the PCV.

They told me they'll check if it'll be a repair under warranty. So I got my car back and checked if they, at least, cleared the engine check. Looks like they did. We'll see how it'll turn out next week. Thanks for the advice. If they'll say it won't be an in-warranty repair, I'll just do it myself.

They replaced the PCV valve yesterday under the powertrain warranty. :smile

·
Registered
147 Posts
The calipers on my 2014 were looking quite nasty so while I was flushing brake fluid and replacing pads I thought I'd paint the calipers. I did'nt want to remove them or tape off so I decided to hand paint as best I could. I found there wasn't much available for brush on paint so I bought the pigment on ebay I wanted "burnt metallic orange" and decanted some rustoleum crystal clear into a jar. In case you didn't know the rustoleum is really more like a lacquer and superior to enamel. I took my time building up several coats to make it solid and get into the little areas without painting the rotors ect. I was impressed how well the paint leveled with no real detectable brush marks. I'm quite pleased with the end results and how they compliment the headlights.

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
Changed wiper blades

Just got done changing my wiper blades, I decided to go with a pair of RainX latitude blades $33.00 bucks with Amazon prime and free two day shipping.

·
Registered
374 Posts
The weather here in vegas has finally returned to normal 70° today, so I took this time to wash my Altima. Hopefully I can get around to cleaning my interior after work tomorrow.

·
Registered
374 Posts
New tires

Finally got some new tires for my Altima this weekend, already put about 400 miles on them so far :shift:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Went on a 1000 mile roadtrip to Shingle Springs CA this past weekend. Car ran like a dream! Tonight I also did an oil change since it was now due.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wasn't quite today - more like 2 days ago - but I just got around to posting so..

When I bought my 2013 a couple weeks ago, there was no window tint whatsoever.. yeah, a real oddity here in Phoenix, but I found out the car was originally purchased in Pennsylvania, so maybe that's why.. so anyways, I took it to a local tint / clear-bra / detail shop here in Scottsdale and had it tinted. Limo tint on the 2 rear side windows, 35 on the front sides, and 17 for the rear windshield. Looks a ton better.

Also, the car did not come with floor mats when I bought it, so about a week ago, I ordered a set of factory Altima floor mats from Amazon for $65. Those arrived yesterday and are in the car now.

This weekend, I'll be adding a leather wrap to the steering wheel. I know it already has a factory one, but I've seen enough Altimas with heavily-worn wrapped steering wheels to know that an extra layer is just a good idea.

·
Registered
17 Posts
They look great. Did you clean/brush them first? Great job painting the hard to reach places.

Bob

The calipers on my 2014 were looking quite nasty so while I was flushing brake fluid and replacing pads I thought I'd paint the calipers. I did'nt want to remove them or tape off so I decided to hand paint as best I could. I found there wasn't much available for brush on paint so I bought the pigment on ebay I wanted "burnt metallic orange" and decanted some rustoleum crystal clear into a jar. In case you didn't know the rustoleum is really more like a lacquer and superior to enamel. I took my time building up several coats to make it solid and get into the little areas without painting the rotors ect. I was impressed how well the paint leveled with no real detectable brush marks. I'm quite pleased with the end results and how they compliment the headlights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I watched my 2018 Altima SL fade away in the rearview mirror of my 2007 Toyota Camry as I took my granddaughter and her friend to see the movie Aladdin.

"Why did I not take my Altima," you ask?

Well, I cannot seem to figure out how to start my Altima with either the Start/Stop Button or Remote Starter despite having been able to do so for months.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just got done replacing yet again another H.I.D bulb. (This was for my passenger side head light this time) The sad part is my cheap Amazon 3000K setup that are in my fogs have been working trouble free! I spent just under $200.00 dollars on my H.I.D's for my head lights, figured better to not go cheap on them but this is a pain in the neck. Seems like I have to replace them so often, seems like every 9 months to a year if that!
3135.jpeg

·
Registered
374 Posts
My coolant was getting low so I top off my reservoir with valvoline 50/50 blue stuff. Picked it up at Walmart today for $14.04 a Gal after taxes, way cheaper than the Nissan OEM fluid!

·
Jason
89 Posts
Its time for some maintenance. 143k on virtually everything on the car. Its well overdue.
Saturday installed new plugs / front quick struts / sway bar bushings / New Putco reverse LEDs / A/C Service + 134a / Align. Picked up the new Putco Nitro Lux Pro Zero kit for the new headlights. Moving the old Putco Silver Lux Pros to the fogs. Lastly some align specs for a bit more spirited driving.

Cheers, Jason.

Edit : Links to lights
Headlamps : https://www.putco.com/nitro-lux-pro-zero-700011pz
Reverse Lights : https://www.putco.com/350921w-360

Edit #2 : Just finished installing the new headlamps and swap olds into the fog lamps. Lord have mercy, there is some light!

Attachments

3701 - 3720 of 3760 Posts