The Nissan Club banner

3741 - 3760 of 3760 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Cleaned my maf sensor and throttle body 82,689 miles

I cleaned my MAF sensor and throttle body this evening. "A tune up in a spray can" as Scotty Kilmer would call it. I now have instant trottle response and a much smoother Idle. My throttle body didnt look very dirty to the naked eye but I did see a lil bit of dirt on my shop towel.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I finally got around to getting some new tires for my G35 wheels. I went with a set of 235/45R18's. I also took a little drive down to Dolan Springs AZ.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Washed my car late last night now it's all nice and shiny again. At least for now anyways.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had a new set of brake pads and rotors put on the rear, and put on a set of Continental 205/55-16's all the way around. Rear tread was getting down there, and already had these ready to go on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I hope all is well. I want to upgrade my 2017 Nissan Altima S from halogen to OEM LED and RDL LED OEM. Does anybody know if they work in the base model? I know that the OEM LED headlight has an extra plug, would this be the RDL? And also, the regular plug has an extra pin, will it still work without doing anything to it? I don’t care to much if the RDL LED do not work as RDL, I can turn my parking lights on for that!!! Thank you

Abraham

·
Registered
374 Posts
Drove to my local Nissan Dealership to pic up a few replacement parts.👨🏾‍🔧

·
Registered
374 Posts
Had my tire pressure checked at discount tire while I was out running a few errands this evening

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yes I do but my tire preasure is not displayed on my dash as my Altima is a base model. Also its just a good rule of thumb to have tire preasure checked and adjusted at least once every 30 days.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Washed my car last night much needed too since I went site seeing down a dirt road. Turtle wax products only.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I reside in the rust belt of the U.S. Vehicles are not rusting like they used to up to the early 90s, Zinc electroplating of body panels has largely made rust a thing of the past EXCEPT for the trunk lid on my 2014. Rust has formed below (and above) the chrome bar above the license plate on my trunk lid. After six years the rust has spread far enough that it was noticeable (and ugly) above the license plate with the trunk lid closed. So I got out some rubbing compound and removed most of the surface rust so that it is no longer visible with the trunk lid closed. I will need to remove the chrome bar sometime soon from the trunk lid so that I can repair the rust while it's still minor. Looks good for now. Should have taken before and after photos but didn't think of it until now. I imagine I'll get the opportunity soon enough to take another before photo because as Neil Young sings - RUST NEVER SLEEPS !

Decided to remove the chrome bar, sand off the rust, and repaint. Looks great. Not sure how long it's going to stay this way. There's a lot more paint in the areas that rusted now so maybe it will be another 5 years before I need to do it again.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I cleaned my cabin air filter. I also Serviced my brake pads today too by just cleaning the brake hardware and regressing my caliper guide pins and all contact points on my brake pads. Also looked over my rear shocks since I was told by an anlingment shop that my right rear shock was supposedly leaking. I will let you be the Judge🙎🏾‍♂️💁🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️👨🏾‍🔧🕵🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🙅🏾‍♂️

3741 - 3760 of 3760 Posts