The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Bone
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting some verbal quotes today and they are a lot more then I thought they would be.

i'm being quoted $195 - $235

The $195.00 tint is "show only" (won;t protect from uv or heat) w/ 5 year warrenty

The $235 tint is some hybrid/metal stuff w/ lifetime warrenty.

I drive a black 2nd gen and I'm going to tint the whole thing (except the windshield of course) w/ 35%. anyone have pics of black w/ 35% all around?

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
35% is really light, 20% is alot better. I paid $150 for my 20% all around w/lifetime warrenty.

·
Bone
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ERyNN29 said:
35% is really light, 20% is alot better. I paid $150 for my 20% all around w/lifetime warrenty.
Hey i'd get 5% if it was legal., but in MA 35% is the darkest you can go.

$150.00...great deal. Any pics? What kind of tint?

·
I'm kinda a big deal
561 Posts
i dont' know how strict your cops are there, but here I've had mine for over a year now and I havn't had any problems at all with my 5%

·
Bone
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Luv2Surf247 said:
i dont' know how strict your cops are there, but here I've had mine for over a year now and I havn't had any problems at all with my 5%
(knocking on wood)....they don't mess with me, i haven;t been stopped in a long time., however with my current interests it may be a good idea to follow the laws..

My father once told me (seriously.,he did)

"Son., if your insist in breaking the law,PLEASE break one law at a time"

I've lived by this motto my whole life!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Milk said:

Hey i'd get 5% if it was legal., but in MA 35% is the darkest you can go.

$150.00...great deal. Any pics? What kind of tint?
Dude, Ive had like a 2.5 limo tint that you cant even see through on in MA and I havent even gotten pulled over in three months. Granted I probably will at some point, but I drive a black 93 alty and it looks phat. you can definately go lower than 35%, thats like nothing, look at some of the cars on the road next time your driving, there are a lot of really dark tints

·
Bone
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wit chu mang

vindeisel said:

Dude, Ive had like a 2.5 limo tint that you cant even see through on in MA and I havent even gotten pulled over in three months. Granted I probably will at some point, but I drive a black 93 alty and it looks phat. you can definately go lower than 35%, thats like nothing, look at some of the cars on the road next time your driving, there are a lot of really dark tints
I hear what your saying man. 35% is pretty light.

u got any pics? (2.5%??? thought 5%was darkest)

·
Registered
69 Posts
If anyone is interested, I have a hook up in Mass. $100 in cash does back window and sides as dark as you want it.

·
Bone
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
altise said:
If anyone is interested, I have a hook up in Mass. $100 in cash does back window and sides as dark as you want it.
Call me 978-292-5241

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey Milk!!

Some of the people responding to your post don't live in the Northeast. You'll notice that in warmer climates (ex, Florida, Cali) that "tint" jobs will be cheaper since the UV rays from the sun have more of an impact on the cars in those areas. Around Boston expect a "guaranteed", "professsional" tint job to run you between the prices you've mentioned. I've gotten quotes as low as $175.00 for 35% up front and 20% on the rear (incl rear glass) When I saw one of the cars he did I noticed the install wasn't totally clean, and he used three pieces on the rear glass!!! That's not professional. I'd recommend going to an auto glass place that does it (ex. Fields Corner Auto Glass) just ride up and down Dorchester Ave. Even Boston Auto Design on Blue hill Ave does a good job

BTW What part of Boston are you from??

Hope this helps

·
Bone
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ALTIMAteum said:
Hey Milk!!

Some of the people responding to your post don't live in the Northeast. You'll notice that in warmer climates (ex, Florida, Cali) that "tint" jobs will be cheaper since the UV rays from the sun have more of an impact on the cars in those areas. Around Boston expect a "guaranteed", "professsional" tint job to run you between the prices you've mentioned. I've gotten quotes as low as $175.00 for 35% up front and 20% on the rear (incl rear glass) When I saw one of the cars he did I noticed the install wasn't totally clean, and he used three pieces on the rear glass!!! That's not professional. I'd recommend going to an auto glass place that does it (ex. Fields Corner Auto Glass) just ride up and down Dorchester Ave. Even Boston Auto Design on Blue hill Ave does a good job

BTW What part of Boston are you from??

Hope this helps
I'd think that in the warmer parts of the country it'd be MORE expensive because of the UV rays... 3 pieces?? garbage!!
I'm not really from Boston...actually grew up in Marlboro...spent some time CT and RI., and now i'm back in Mass....working in Andover and living umm...somewhat out in the woods...the way i like it!

I'm at a stand still on this tint. I want to go darker but having almost an hour commute everyday (Rt2-495-93) cops are everywhere...plus i do a lot of roasting drinving around...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well look at it this way. In warmer parts of the country where there's probably more of a demand for tint. There will be more suppliers of the service, hence more competition so it won't be as expensive in those parts of the country as it is here!! The people who do professional tint jobs in warm climates rely on volume (everyone in that neck of the woods wants or needs tint to protect their vehicles) so they don't have to make as much money per customer as tint places do here . . . + it's expensive to live in Mass anyway . . .:D

·
Bone
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ALTIMAteum said:
Well look at it this way. In warmer parts of the country where there's probably more of a demand for tint. There will be more suppliers of the service, hence more competition so it won't be as expensive in those parts of the country as it is here!! The people who do professional tint jobs in warm climates rely on volume (everyone in that neck of the woods wants or needs tint to protect their vehicles) so they don't have to make as much money per customer as tint places do here . . . + it's expensive to live in Mass anyway . . .:D
I roger that!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts