The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
1,036 Posts
not bad... but are you going to be adding a full system down the line? If so why not the 740MP... 3x preouts and 4V non-fading for the sub. Rather then the 2x preout with 2V signal voltage. higher signal voltage = less chance of noise through the wiring.

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
negative.....

for around $350 u can get this...........this is the one that i have and it kicks ass.....................
Alpine CDA-7893

Key Features:
-motorized, detachable face
-MaxTune SQ tuner
-18 presets
-V-Drive hybrid MOSFET60 internal amp — high-current draw requires a direct fused connection to battery (see "Wiring Note" in the Detailed Info section)
-plays audio CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
-Bass Engine Plus (bass center frequency, width, and level, plus treble center frequency and level adjustments, as well as 4-channel digital time alignment and a 3-position, 12 dB/octave crossover)
-Media Xpander
-XM Satellite Radio controls (antenna, tuner, and subscription required)
-CD changer controls for Alpine Ai-NET changers only — add an Alpine changer to your receiver order, and save $$ with Crutchfield's package discount
-optional auxiliary input
-2-volt front and rear preamp outputs, 4-volt subwoofer preamp outputs
-clock
-wireless remote
-27 watts RMS/60 peak x 4 channels
-CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
-CD signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB
-FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
-1-year warranty

-Robb-

·
S for Skeet Skeet
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't say I was gonna pay that much, (gotta love the power of ebay) and I looked at Alpine deck and I'm just not feeling the styling anymore. They havent drastically changed the lookd and on top of that I want a HU that plays mp3s, i'm sick of DL a song i really like and want to listen to it in the car but have to wait till I get enough songs so i'm not wasting a CD just for 1 or 2 songs. This way i can burn a CD-RW and i'm good to go :)

·
S for Skeet Skeet
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Peterson said:
I think you should get this one....

Peterson I'm not made of money :p and I already have a "full" system, Pioneer changer and a 12" sub so all I need is single disc mp3 capability. For $230 bucks its not bad...

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
1,036 Posts
BlueDemonAltima said:

Peterson I'm not made of money :p and I already have a "full" system, Pioneer changer and a 12" sub so all I need is single disc mp3 capability. For $230 bucks its not bad...
Thats a "full" system? What happend to a nice set of mids and tweets up front with a nice amp on them?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thought I read from someone on this site that the Pioneer was a little slow going from one mp3 to the next, so he went to a Kenwood H/U. I went with a Sony h/u with an aux input and have a DVD player the plays mp3's also plugged into it. Now, I can play everything. I love Ebay!

·
S for Skeet Skeet
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rlaing said:

Thats a "full" system? What happend to a nice set of mids and tweets up front with a nice amp on them?
wel i got the tweets and mid, just running off the H/U no amp for them yet, (i'm a college stupid for pete's sake). Thats why I put full in quotes, cause it is yet is isnt. :)

3wood, yeah i've heard that too but for mostly every mp3 deck, even kenwoods, its all a little give and take for functionality. I've heard that the pioneer's are better than most on the mp3 playback though.

·
Mine's bigger than yours
401 Posts
3wood said:
Thought I read from someone on this site that the Pioneer was a little slow going from one mp3 to the next, so he went to a Kenwood H/U. I went with a Sony h/u with an aux input and have a DVD player the plays mp3's also plugged into it. Now, I can play everything. I love Ebay!
That's what i'm in the middle of ordering too. Yes ebay does rule..:D

·
S for Skeet Skeet
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok i went to best buy with an mp3 cd to test it on their decks. the wait time is no difference from any regular cd, if anything maybe a half a second its not a big deal like i've heard. so you can buy with confidence :)

·
S for Skeet Skeet
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey i just wanted to thank you guys on helpin me out with this decision, after some research and patience I took rlaing's advice and got the Pioneer DEH-P740MP instead of the 7400. the 740 is part of Pioneer's premiere series, is silver, and has more and high voltage preamp outputs... Its on its way to me... can't wait to get it and install it... here's a LINK if you want the specs on it and below is what it looks like off of Pioneer's site..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts