Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of having this system installed in my '94 Altima GLE:

1. Alpine CDA-7873 head unit
2. Alpine V12 MRV-F407 4/3/2 channel amp
3. Alpine V12 Mrv-100M Monoblock amp
4. Rockford Fosgate HPC1369 or Polk Audio MM465 in rear deck
5. Rockford Fosgate FNQ2514 or Polk Audio MM455 in front doors
6. Rockford Fosgate RFT3101 10" Bass Tube or Bazooka RS104/8DV
7. Viper Alarm System w/ remote start, valet, shock sensor etc..This alram system is the top of the line retail is about 450.00

*I am also looking to add two monitors in the future along with either a ps1 or sega dreamcast

·
Illest in Nebraska
3,097 Posts
As far as the Alarm and monitors go, Good idea IMO but you might want to get a pair of subs instead of the tube, after you adjust to the bass you'll probably want a little more, just make sure that it's what you want if not save up a little more $$$ and Get something you really really want so you don't regret it later, just my $0.02

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
seriously was sounding good til you mentioned the bass tube..not knocking tubes..but that does sound like a better then average system and imo a bass tube would not do it justice..later

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not really looking for alot of bass, just something to give it a little more bass on the low end. i am more into quality than quantity as far as music goes. this is one reason why i am going with the alpine setup, an am leaning more towards the momo serious polk audio speakers, but thanks for the responses, much appreciated, especially when there have been so many views and no reply..........thanks zek-sss and unstoppablenick........what do you guys think would be good for bass using one sub only

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Swaydawg said:
what do you guys think would be good for bass using one sub only
a 12" will give you good kick and good low end, get something like rockford, jl, or polk audio/momo(looks great!) in a sealed box

·
Kawasaki Ownz
441 Posts
what kinda music u listen to? if u like alot of super fast beats, like metallica or heavy rock stuff then get a 10, anything else get 12. the 10 tends to keep up with quicker music better......jmo

·
See ya on the flipside...
2,076 Posts
IMO, I'd stay away from bass tubes or bazooka tubes. I'd add 2 10" or even 12". Reasoning behind all this is b/c of the size of the trunk and the vehicle. Laterz.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I listen to just about everything with the exception of rock and country

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have the old Ex series polks in the doors and the rear deck and they sound pretty decent....i have them in there for 2 yrs now and they still playin like they r brand new....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts