The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SQUINTS
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a RF bd500. I want to buy one 12 inch sub. What sub do think would make an awsome combination? I'm leaning towards a Shiva already. Any opinions?

·
SQUINTS
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I know that's alot of juice for that sub, but I keep on hearing all this good stuff about them. So I guess if I get one I could keep the gain down pretty low or I could buy two and put the amp to work. What's a safe wattage for the Shiva? I know box size plays part in that. What's a good size box? Ported or Sealed?

Anybody else have any suggestions? Any would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
83 Posts
the elemental was listed above. It is a VERY nice subwoofer and is unbeatable for the price. It would take that much power and just smile back at you. It is a great SQL sub.

·
SQUINTS
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
m3dia_lab said:
also a brahma, how do the shiva's campare to what?
How does it compare to the already above mentioned subs.
I'm also thinking about the Brahma. What size box would I need with amount of power the bd500 puts out. I'd have to wire the sub in series putting the amp in a 4ohm load. This is about 400 watts rms. Here's specs from Adire

BRAHMA 12
Qtc
Box Size (L)
Box Size (ft3)
Power

400W

500W

900W

1300W

2000W

2800W

Values in bold italics are not recommended; above power handling limits (2000W and 2800W)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
If you are looking at a single sub the E12k in a dual 4 ohm will make full use out of that amp... great sub. If you are looking at a pair either the Shiva or 12k will be great, the pair of Shivas will get louder, hit lower, and use a lot more space. 1.4 cubes sealed or 2 cubes ported each is perfect for them IMO. The E12K will do just great in a .9 cube sealed or a 1.8 cube ported box each.

If you are looking to get the absolute best sound quality the Brahma is fantastic... for a mere 400 watts i would personally go with a 2 cube ported box tuned to 30 Hz... it will certainly impress!!! just gobs of low end and accurate as the best in the world.

I have just recently got to demo the E12A prototype and it was also amazing.... it is a little more efficient than the Brahma so it will get louder, but you might give up a little of the ultra low stuff... Seriously the Brahma is my Baby, but looking at the price difference i would probably not take the Brahma over the E12A, IMO the Brahma is a SLIGHTLY better sub, butthe price is more than just slightly more unfortunatly.

·
SQUINTS
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well.........I just paid for a Brahma 12. It'll be here next week. Now I just need to figure out the proper box size. EVERYONE thanks for your suggestions so far. Keep them coming if you got them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts