The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Infiniti FX's exhaust sounds very aggressive to the point where other drivers might get intimidated. Is it possible to accomplish the exact same distinctive sound on our 3.5SE?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dnvrfan said:
I think that is a unique sound and it would be difficult to replicate precisely. Maybe the mufflers off the Infiniti would help make that sound.
Is there any Nissan mechanics out there that can confirm this is possible?

·
Honorary So Cal Member
16,046 Posts
newjerseycat said:
Is there any Nissan mechanics out there that can confirm this is possible?
Maybe take it down to a dealer and see what they say. Maybe there is some sort of other technical reason that it makes that sound. Different headers or intake manifold could cause a difference in sound .

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Too much money

dnvrfan said:
Maybe take it down to a dealer and see what they say. Maybe there is some sort of other technical reason that it makes that sound. Different headers or intake manifold could cause a difference in sound .
Infiniti are a little bit out my price range wight now maybe after college.

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
vancityjat said:
if someone finds out or tries out on their car def let me know as i want that sound as well
To be honest just get the Infiniti cans man. Thats probably the secret, because the Stillen mufflers helped the car sound different. I truly believe its the mufflers, all Infiniti VQ35 vehicles all have that same exhaust note.

Just buy the muffler only. If you decide it doesn't provide the sound, then just get some catback piping done and call it a day.

Whatever it sounds like, will be BETTER than STOCK.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The FX, G35, and 350z all have that same exhaust note... the only thing you can do is try different exhaust setups and see which one comes closest because all those cars exhaust systems are set up totally differently then the altimas so your not gona get that exact sound.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts