The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
U13 Drifter
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know GXE does .80g but i haven't been able to find the first gen se's... also if anyone knows what the 2nd gen's pull gxe and se that'd be cool too

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
can somebody also find numbers for slolem too?
Jay

·
U13 Drifter
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^bump

·
got widebody?®
2,003 Posts
I know this doesn't really help...but I felt it was worth getting pissed off at. :)

"Nissan Altima GLE
The window sticker of our Altima test car reads, "The Affordable Luxury Sedan." Uh-huh.

This 4-cylinder car was all but last across the finish line during quarter-mile acceleration testing and dead last in the skidpad test, the slalom test and two of three interior sound-level tests. And it costs more than four other cars here, including the Malibu and the Stratus. In fact, it's only $200 shy of the Accord V6's sticker price.

The only options on our car were ABS ($499) and a power sunroof ($849). Leather seats and keyless entry are standard, but our car did not have a CD player or a power seat.

Fit and finish inside are well above average, and the ergonomics are okay, plus the brakes are very strong. But the back seat offers little head- and legroom for full-grown adults.

An all-new, roomier, more powerful Altima will debut in 1998. It better, because the current model has been passed by the competition." - Popular Mechanics.com

It was compared to Chevrolet Malibu LS, Toyota Camry LE, Volkswagen Passat GLX, Dodge Stratus ES, Honda Accord LX V6, Mazda 626 LX V6, Ford Contour SE and Mitsubishi Galant ES. Buncha pricks, gave us the worst review of them all!

·
Haulin' the Family
416 Posts
Altima Fun Facts

Here is some various info I dug up in some old Car and Driver and Motor Trend magazines about Altimas:
-__________________________________________________

'93 SE (man) 8.2 0-60mph / 16.4 1/4 mile
'93 GXE (auto) 9.6 0-60mph / 17.2 1/4 mile
'93 GXE (man) 9.4 0-60mph / 16.9 1/4 mile

'98 SE (trans?) 8.2 0-60mph / 16.4 1/4 mile
'98 GLE (auto) 9.0 0-60mph 60-0mph (brake)= 136ft.
'98 GXE (man) 8.5 0-60mph max speed 112mph

'98 GLE weighs 2990 lbs. '96 SE weighs 2853 lbs.

2nd gen Altimas get their 5 extra horsepower from improved intake and exhaust valves as well as a better exhaust manifold.

No limited slip differential was available for '00 model year.

Altimas have a 37.4 turning radius.

This is all the info I could find for now. I once had more info, but I've seem to have lost it. I had gone to my local library and they keep old magazines going back several years. I found alot of neat info in a Car and Driver from 1992 when they tested the then new 1993 Nissan Altima. It was also cool to see all the old advertisements for the 1st gen Altima.
From what I gathered and can remember, the SE's are heavier than their same gen counterparts, yet are quite a bit faster. I don't know for sure. It could be gearing, computer calibration, different differentials, it could be that SE's came equiped with better tires that allowed for better traction...resulting in quicker ETs. I don't know for sure, but it's interesting.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
heehee...i pulled a 16.3 1/4mi....wonder if mine's a gifted altima?
Jay

·
DRGN4DR
2,316 Posts
Jay, you pulled 16.3 with a GXE and all u have is a place racing intake? interesting because all I have is WAI and ran a 16.4 in my 95 GXE.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
SPL Hertz said:
Jay, you pulled 16.3 with a GXE and all u have is a place racing intake? interesting because all I have is WAI and ran a 16.4 in my 95 GXE.
Uh...bone ****in stock...full interior and spare tire in the trunk. Bought the car on Sunday and ran it the following Saturday...hehe. If someone has a scanner or camera, I'll post the timeslip.
Jay

1 - 13 of 13 Posts