The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The secondary pressure for my CVT is spot at 1.1 MPa on but the primary pressure at 0.3 MPa is 0.1 MPa lower than the minimum of 0.4 MPa
with the transmission in neutral at idle speed and after the engine reaches operating temp.
My 2014 2.5S has 116K miles. CVT fluid was changed 30K miles ago.

Not sure if I have anything to be concerned about with regarding the primary pressure at idle being low since the CVT belt and pulleys are
not moving - the torque converter is. The primary pressure increases to 0.5 MPa when I shift to drive and apply the brakes. When the
car accelerates, the primary pressure increases rapidly as it should.

I have no drivability concerns - no judder or belt slippage. Very smooth acceleration and no strange engine rpm behavior at a steady throttle.

Just curious as to what the primary and secondary pressure readings are at idle for others that are using the cvtz50 app. It seems to be very accurate.
Appreciate comments from only those using the cvtz50 app. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I rebuild ATX. Likely the difference there is only due to mileage, the bushings do wear slowly to leak more at no load. Similar to an engine dropping oil pressure as they get older, they all do it to varying degrees. It is unreasonable to think a pressure device with that many spinning seals will read the same as it gets older.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I rebuild ATX. Likely the difference there is only due to mileage, the bushings do wear slowly to leak more at no load. Similar to an engine dropping oil pressure as they get older, they all do it to varying degrees. It is unreasonable to think a pressure device with that many spinning seals will read the same as it gets older.
Thanks. That makes sense. I've had the cvtz50 since the car was brand new and never thought to keep track of the pressures since new. The TM chapter on page 50 of the factory service manual provides the target pressure ranges.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts