The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
:-)
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any engines for a 95 alty that do bolt on??? (better than the stock one) :D

·
U13 Drifter
1,136 Posts
I thought i heard the new 180hp engines from the 2003 dropped in? i'm not sure maybe i heard wrong though

·
Registered
50 Posts
there is an engines you can get from japan.....is the SR20DETT....its the silvia engine. its for front wheel drive. But the only Problem is thats its a shit load of money like 4,000$ or more.

·
A-arm brace man
392 Posts
The only engine that drops right in is the one in the car right now!! Just turbo your KA24DE and be happy!!!!

·
A-arm brace man
392 Posts
it can be made to fit with alot of fabrication, lol. Buy a turbo, it's cheaper

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Got $3900?

You can get a racetep motor and drop it in. I think the price is a bit ludacris for what you get. I can get all that done w/ JWT chip,cams, and a JUN flywheel for cheaper. They just machine the cams and the flywheel. Whats the point?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Re: Got $3900?

Good point!!!

NISSANFREAK said:
You can get a racetep motor and drop it in. I think the price is a bit ludacris for what you get. I can get all that done w/ JWT chip,cams, and a JUN flywheel for cheaper. They just machine the cams and the flywheel. Whats the point?

·
Registered
222 Posts
95altimaSE said:
there is an engines you can get from japan.....is the SR20DETT....its the silvia engine. its for front wheel drive. But the only Problem is thats its a shit load of money like 4,000$ or more. [/QUOTE
first of all, SR20DETT means twin turbo and there is no 4cyl twin from nissan.
second, if it's front wheel drive, then it's not a silvia engine.]

·
Rally U13
1,562 Posts
the 240sx pistons are better suited for higher compression, correct? therefore, you can add a turbo, and have a KA24DET:D

another question: does the nsport turbo kit for the 240sx fit on our ka24de's?

·
H.N.I.C.
3,488 Posts
dss64662 said:
the 240sx pistons are better suited for higher compression, correct? therefore, you can add a turbo, and have a KA24DET:D

another question: does the nsport turbo kit for the 240sx fit on our ka24de's?
newbies are slowly killing this website...

the 240sx has higher comp. pistons, so 240sx owners will sometimes use the pistons of the alty to turbo their motors, they also may use the cam that doesn't drive the distributor ( intake i think) to retard timing, i think...

the turbo manifold may fit, but piping n down pipe def. will not..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts