The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forums, and I've been reading around and have noticed a lot of talk about the gen of your altima. My question is how do I know what gen mine is. I have a 1997 Altima GXE. it's an automatic. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx, is there a site that has all of the stock info on my car, such as the performance and other specs?

·
Pacman
341 Posts
Welcome to the site dude....

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
93-97.5 1st gen
98-01 2nd gen
02-03 3rd gen
have fun and welcome to .NET ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the 97.5, I don't know of many differences. I usually tell people that its a 97 and thats it, even when I'm ordering parts for the car and its all the same. I think it was Nissans idea of trying to get rid of the rest of the first gens so that added a little extra, like rims and wing. Probable a couple of other options but I've look in other altys and they all look the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. This is an awsome site. I'm a noob when it comes to cars so bear with me. My Alty is all stock and actually needs some body work done to it. That's the main reason why I don't have any pics of it.
The first thing that I'm going to do is take out my stock radio and put in a Pioneer radio w/ a CD player. Then I'm going to put in a system. I had one in my old car that I'm going to put in this one. I don't know a whole lot about car audio either, but I'll do my best to tell you what I'm putting in. I am going to put to Fosgate series 2 (I think) size 10's in the trunk. Since my speakers are blown in the door, I'm going to take the ones from my back dash and put them in the door, and put 2 6x9's back there. I will have 1 amp control the subs and the other control the 6x9's. My uncle is the one who knows a lot about this, and is the one who installed it in my other car.

·
VTEC V6
211 Posts
1997 Altimas were on lots as early as March of 1996.

1997.5 Altimas followed in September, and the 1997.5 is the only first gen Altima to meet the federal side impact standards of 1997 because they are the only ones with side-impact door beams.

·
Banned
1,617 Posts
Yo, u might not want to get pioneer cd player, i have one and it sucks. after 1 year and the warantee ran out, the fockin thing started to stop playin and cds gettin stuck inside. it plays whenever it wants to.

·
Registered
787 Posts
really i have had two different versions of pioneers base cd player and both have lasted for a long time through a lot of shit and sound great, I had one in my old car and when i bought my alty it had one in it. never had any problems with either personally i love pioneer.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
no..... i know there are a few more differences in the 97's and 97.5's not just beams or the date of the car....ummm ask around, im sure someone can help ya, my b/f knows the differences or even -se97altima- would be able to tell ya

Brandie

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
russman said:
Why do they have 97.5? What's the difference?
dont hold me to this exacly but i believe all 97.5's had no rear speaker grills, an internal coil, and the side impact beams.
plus i believe all 97.5's were se's so they had rear disc brakes, no side moldings,aluminum wheels,side skirts, and maybe some other things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
alti97 said:
Yo, u might not want to get pioneer cd player, i have one and it sucks. after 1 year and the warantee ran out, the fockin thing started to stop playin and cds gettin stuck inside. it plays whenever it wants to.
Pioneer Decks are really great, i have one in each of my cars, and i've never been happier with them. I don't know what you did to your deck, maybe you smack the crap out of it, or wedge cookies into the loader, but other than that, they give a great clean high quality sound!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts