The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
This doesn't seem like a 'free speech' issue, but more of a "professional conduct" type of thing...if he was at work or with clients, his boss had every right to fire him IMO...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Free speech is one thing, but unprofessional conduct is another. On his own time, he says what he likes. On company time, he does what is best for the image of the company.

If you're in retail, it's the same reason why you don't tell your prospective customers that their shoes are ugly. It's free speech, but you will lose your customers, and consequently, your job.

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
JLewisinSyr said:
Welcome the world of Bush...first no privacy, second no free speech.
HAHAHAHA... Where was your outrage when the Amtrak conductor was fired after telling disgruntled passengers to vote for Bush when their train was delayed because of Kerry's train slowly crossing the tracks?

Where was Mr. Free speech defender then?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh, wait... How about the Kerry campaing threatening tv and radio stations if they air the swiftboat ads?

I forgot the Liberal mantra: Freedom for me, not for thee.

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
Now as for the situation at hand:

You do have the freedom to say anything you want, but you also have to expect consequences.

In both cases, both businesses received numerous complaints and made the BUSINESS decision to fire the person in question. I see nothing wrong with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts