The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucky me I bought my 08 6 MONTHS after Nissan stopped replacing them. :rolleyes:
I see my options are:
1) Replace the dash with a 09 or 10+
2) Use a plastic dash cover (Worried about fitment)
3) Have a reason to go full suede! And maybe even the pillars and ceiling.

What have you guys done and have any pics?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I bought mine from LKQ for $250 I believe, it was in decent shape and came with front speakers too.

It looks like the 2008 Dashes are more abundant and cost even less right now. Looks like $150 right now.

Not sure if you have Bose or not, but I searched as if you did.

Instead of paying for shipping, which they probably won't ship an item like this to your house anyway. I found a local dealership that has an account with them. They bought it at a wholesale price and marked it up to me. I told them I was willing to pay the same price it would have costed me to drive to the nearest facility. The parts guy was willing to make a few extra bucks for a single phone call and my parts were delivered to my local dealer to save me gas.

Not sure if you would get that lucky, but it's worth it to start being nice to your parts guys early before you need them :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought mine from LKQ for $250 I believe, it was in decent shape and came with front speakers too.

It looks like the 2008 Dashes are more abundant and cost even less right now. Looks like $150 right now.

Not sure if you have Bose or not, but I searched as if you did.

Instead of paying for shipping, which they probably won't ship an item like this to your house anyway. I found a local dealership that has an account with them. They bought it at a wholesale price and marked it up to me. I told them I was willing to pay the same price it would have costed me to drive to the nearest facility. The parts guy was willing to make a few extra bucks for a single phone call and my parts were delivered to my local dealer to save me gas.

Not sure if you would get that lucky, but it's worth it to start being nice to your parts guys early before you need them :)
I am very nice to my parts guy. :love: But I am also a dealership so I can buy stuff wholesale myself. :geek:
I would be very worried about buying a used 08, though. What if it has the same problem?

I was considering a hard cover like this:
or

With a used one, I am not sure what was the last year that fits an 08. Some say 09 and some say 2012.

·
Registered
132 Posts
With a used one, I am not sure what was the last year that fits an 08. Some say 09 and some say 2012.
I can't say with certainty but I can say that in my case of a 2010 coupe, A sedan dash did fit into mine.

Check out this website: https://parts.nissanusa.com/p/Nissan_2008_Altima-35SE-35L-V6-CVT/Dashboard-Panel/89773098/68200-9HA7A.html

It claims the same dash will fit in a 2007-2018 if you click on the "what this fits" tab. I have high doubts about that, and have sort of lost confidence in Nissan's parts website since they've updated it.

Hopefully someone else can give you a more accurate response.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Up to 2018. 😂 Go home drunk Nissan. The sedans changed in 2013. I will get it straightened out someday.

Ah well TY. I was very curious if anyone had covered the dash with anything with either the plastic cover or something like suede.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Up to 2018. 😂 Go home drunk Nissan. The sedans changed in 2013. I will get it straightened out someday.

Ah well TY. I was very curious if anyone had covered the dash with anything with either the plastic cover or something like suede.
Loll 2007-2009 will def fit. 2010-2012 they've changed it up, especially in the SL version. They went more like the coupe dash because of the Bose system with bigger screen. About 4-5 inch, instead of a strip like prior to 2010s. Also added XM, and hood os different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts