The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was cruising down I-75 yesterday on my way home when i came upon a traffic slowdown that required me to dissengage my cruise control. well rather than tapping my brakes, i usually just tap the clutch which does the same thing. well when i did this i noticed that the Cruise Control indicator light on the dash would flash. i didnt think anything of it so i went on. but now, whenever i have the cruise turn on, not necessarily in use, just on, when i depress the clutch the light in the gauge cluster flashes, if i keep the clutch in and touch the brake it stops, but as soon as i let off the brake it starts flashing.
I called my Nissan Service guy and he said he had no clue what it meant. everything still works normally, but that damn flashing light is annoying.

Has anyone ever encountered this and what can I do to make it stop?

·
1,373 Posts
I dont know why yours is doing that but mine has flashed a couple times in the past 2 years, .........i just shut off the cc and turn it back on and the flashing stops.

·
good one Fonzie
11,588 Posts
SE97Altima said:
I dont know why yours is doing that but mine has flashed a couple times in the past 2 years, .........i just shut off the cc and turn it back on and the flashing stops.
same as mine

·
Speed Racer
243 Posts
it is normal
mine has done that since the day i got it
i think it is to remind you to re ingauge the cruise controll after shifting or to turn it off, and when you depress the brake the car relize you are brakeing so it shuts up.
don't pay any atention to it, if it bothers you then just use the brake instead.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well thanks for the info guys....i dont know why it does it, but it all the sudden started...oh well its not hurting anything i guess....thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts