The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I'm a "Member"!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a cheap o' truck for winter, and would like a half way good stereo, but nothing real expensive (kind of like the car).

Anything you recomend?

any mid-range Alipine's or anything to keep an eye on at E-bay or anything?

Thanks!

·
the newb
3,910 Posts
what's "expensive" to you, and how big of a system do you want? deck/speakers/subs/amps? or just deck + speakers?

for a deck, you're lookin to spend under $200 for a good one, under $300 for a good Alpine one that plays MP3s, speakers you're rangin $200 more (i recommend the Alpine Type S's, or any Infinity's)

a good cheap set up for amps/sub would be an infinity sub (90-100) powered by a 2 channel amp bridged to 300-400W RMS (100-200 depending) and wires will run you another 100, the box will be $50-100 depending on DIY or buying it

Deck: $300
Speakers: $200
Sub: $150
Amp: $250
Wires: $100
Box: $75

^^ don't spend more than that on ANY of the items on the list

but if you're goin with a quick system as i just read now lol...a pioneer deck for $150 and pioneer speakers for $100 or so, but get Alpine Type S's, those own ;P

·
I'm a "Member"!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well. I mainly mean just a deck.

I have other stuff :) but that is for the good car. I just would like an average deck, for an average car, you know.
I'm thinking of a good used deck $45 - $100.00 used. Otherwise I'd just go to the local Wally World and pick up a new one for $130.00 or so?
anything used to keep an eye out for.

Does everybody agree 2003 Pioneers? I have heard that the quality of Pioneers have gone down quite a bit in the past few years. I could be wrong, I admit. That is just what I have heard.

Thanks!

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
soundstorm is a cheap knockoff brand of Soundstream, a damn good company. soundstorm is there wirh rockwood and pyramid.

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
thats great, but people are happy with Sony, and everyone knows what kind of quality that is. being happy with something, and something being quality, AND something being sold for a high price and being considered good because of said price, are three totally different things.

·
:-)
2,051 Posts
Everyone loves what they get. If you can only afford sony's, and dish out some hard earned cash to buy them, you'll love em. I have a Pioneer HU (CAD $180 on Sale), Pheonix Gold QX180.2 (CAD $350), RF 10" 150W RMS Sub in homemade poreted box built exactly to their specifications (Sub + Box materials $120), Alpine 5x7 Speakers up front (CAD $200) and Pioneer 6x9s in the back ($100), wires (probably close to $50 ATLEAST.
So all together around $1000 CAD. I love it, probably not as great as some of these guys on the board, but it is better than most of my friends :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts