The Nissan Club banner

What is directly below the Brake Fluid Reservoir/Master Cylinder?

14K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  HiFi 
#1 · (Edited)
2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Automatic

Does anyone know what is directly below the Brake Fluid Reservoir/Brake Master Cylinder? This would be on the driver's side. It is silver in color. The top is shaped like a racing track (oval). Dimensions are about 6" Long x 3" Wide x 6" High.

There is a hose that comes out of the top of it, but the other end of the hose isn't connected to anything and I have no clue what it is supposed to be connected to! The unconnected hose end is shaped like the top of a hanger.

#2 ·
That hose is a breather for the braking system. It doesn't get connected to anything it just sort of stands there. It has been discussed here more than the bible.
grab yourself a copy of the FSM for our cars and it will help you identify parts.
I won't give you a link just so you can learn how to use the search button.
I know I'm an ass but at the same time I taught you something

#3 ·
I did search the Service Manual, but had no luck. I even checked the BR section (Braking System), along with pretty much every section. I searched the forums here and still nothing. I guess I just didn't use the right search words.

Anyways, thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.