The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up? I was planning on buying my muffler next but I'm not sure of which one I should buy. I dont wanna do the whole exhaust yet but i just wanted to get something for now that makes my car sound good! So what muffler do you think sounds the best? Please help me out thanks

CJ

·
22,052 Posts
You're gonna get a different answer form every person...It's all up to personal opinion.

Greddy makes a nice setup, but it isn't cheap. Stillen makes a rear section that bolts right up, but it's sorta expensive, and lot's of people complain about it, but I love my Stillen.

Alot of guys have dynomax...Then there's apexi, and all the other cans that you could have a muffler shop weld on for you.

Look around, and decide what sort of tip you want. Do you want big, small, loud, REALLY loud, quiet?

·
8,809 Posts
ERyNN29 said:
OBX Tunable w/Silencer
Is that quiet enough of an exhaust to put in a car witha newborn in it? Don't want to trip the baby out :)

·
Banned
1 Posts
I just had the dynomax super turbo put in last week, and lets just say that a muffler for $35 plus $150 for the custom catback, I am very impressed

·
Registered
203 Posts
Peterson said:
You're gonna get a different answer form every person...It's all up to personal opinion.

Greddy makes a nice setup, but it isn't cheap. Stillen makes a rear section that bolts right up, but it's sorta expensive, and lot's of people complain about it, but I love my Stillen.

Alot of guys have dynomax...Then there's apexi, and all the other cans that you could have a muffler shop weld on for you.

Look around, and decide what sort of tip you want. Do you want big, small, loud, REALLY loud, quiet?
I'm seriously considering the Stillen setup. . .is it loud? I want my car to be a sleeper so if the exhause is loud, I'm gonna just get the 2000 Maxima Continuously Variable Muffler and slap that bad boy on. Thanks.:confused:

·
13,021 Posts
altise said:

I'm seriously considering the Stillen setup. . .is it loud? I want my car to be a sleeper so if the exhause is loud, I'm gonna just get the 2000 Maxima Continuously Variable Muffler and slap that bad boy on. Thanks.:confused:
When I get the time and money I will be getting the 2K max muffler put on my car.

·
Anonymous OG Member
250 Posts
Stromung

Some of you guys should try looking at Stromung mufflers. They're not too popular and well known, so it'll kinda set you apart from the crowd which I think is good. They're actually made specifically for Subaru's, but I got one fitted on to my civic hatch with custom piping. I love it, gives you a real nice deep, mellow tone. Not loud at all especially when driving normally. Some people have actually said my car sounds more like a german car than a jap car after hearing it, which definitely sets it apart from the most of the Hondas out there. It sounds real nice at WOT. Some of you guys should try it out, maybe you'll like it too. Here's a link to the site: www.stromung.com

1 - 20 of 27 Posts