The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Resistance is futile
1,952 Posts
The answer should be physically stuck on your vehicle - driver door, B pillar, but 29 comes to mind.

·
Registered
84 Posts
it should say it on the tire...I don't know your situation or how to find out the tire pressure max other than just looking at the tire it self....but when you find out...it's good to inflate the front tires more than the back...improves handling...supposedly....i feel the difference

·
Resistance is futile
1,952 Posts
Yeah, the tire side was give MAX inflation pressure, not the one for your vehicle. Of course, the one for your vehicle assumes the same size and speed rating tire that it came from the factory with. Change that, and who knows, but generally go higher with performance tires.

·
Registered
12,501 Posts
i've got a 2000 on stock steelies.. tire pressure on mine is 31 all around

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
15,220 Posts
reaquino said:
The door sticker on my 98GXE says

31 psi front
29 psi rear

Jay
here you go folks... My 99 also says 29.. which of course is too low..

usually 44 is the tire's MAX and is listed on the side... this is by no means the best pressure. That is achieved thru trial and error, but anywhere from 32-35 is good. pending on the tire.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Why would you consider running the door sticker pressures too low?

I beleive the front pressure is set higher because the 2nd gen Altima is heavier in the front.

Jay

·
Registered
12,501 Posts
reaquino said:
Why would you consider running the door sticker pressures too low?

I beleive the front pressure is set higher because the 2nd gen Altima is heavier in the front.

Jay
what's the weight distribution for the first gen..? on my 2000, it's 63/37

1 - 12 of 12 Posts