Nissan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all! I recently bought a used 2017 Altima SL and I noticed this piece dangling in the trunk. I keep trying to attach it by duct tape and such but it won't seem to stay, yet I also have no idea what it is so don't know what kind of replacement attachment piece I should be looking for or how to figure it out. I can see where the plastic bit on the one side (missing on the other) should probably snap into those holes on the frame behind it. Any advice? Link to picture is Google Drive is below (let me know if it doesn't work, if it should be a better/different picture, or if there's a different forum-preferred method for picture sharing) - I'd really rather it not stay dangling by the cable... Thank you!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GwwT1-3j08f6e1rcvEdS0UoDVZ1db627/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Maybe a light for trunk? Need another white part so it stays in place. They are pop type quick fasteners. Parts stores have them.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,447 Posts
Isn't that the receiver/antenna for the intelligent key system/remote key fob?
10 points! That's exactly what it is. A little hotmelt glue, some epoxy, silicone caulk, NoMoreNails tape, some screws?...so many ways to make this problem go away.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well then the the the reciever that I just had fixed at the dealership must also control the rear door speakers because the wire was completely severed in mine and my rear door speakers didnt work till they fixed it

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
No they don't, antenna has nothing to do with the speakers. Simply run parallel next to other wiring because of the location. Like running coil wires next to injector wiring in engine harness. You run bunches of unassociated wires next to each other and then bundle them all up in one harness. What you are seeing in pic #2.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's weird though I had that piece from pic 2 in my front seat and my fob and everything else still worked except for my rear door speakers

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,447 Posts
There are several of those fob antennas in the car, rear deck, centre console, dash and they are all identical.

·
Registered
1 Posts
google Nissan Part No.: 285E4-JK60A all locations for the antenna assemblies, mine was also dangling also but I know now that it's important to not mess up ha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
8 Participants
reveal
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing