The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 gxe and I'm going to replace my rear deck speakers. I was looking at some alpine and pioneer speakers. I was'nt too sure on what would be better. Any suggestions people? I would include model numbers, but I was'nt sure if that would throw you off.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I have the pioneer rear speakers. They dont have much bass to them, but dont sound bad for how much they costed. Havent heard any alpine speakers though. Look into some infinity ones also.

·
Registered
26 Posts
go get some Boston Acoustics RM-6 coaxial speakers. They have a great ammount of articulation and accuracy. Probably the best all around 6 inchers out there. They are very power hungry though. Better have an amp. If you dont have the xtra coin to throw down for an amp, just get the Boston Acoustics CX-6's.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have heard all of the ones mentioned so far and i have to say that the Diamond M5 was my favorite of the previously mentioned. If you want better AND cheaper i would get a pair of ADS speakers. They are better sounding (IMO) than any of the others mentioned and you can get them from an Authorized dealer for cheaper than the M5.
Check them out... woofersetc.com yes they are authorized dealers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Best bang for the buck would have to be CDT audio classic series!
Not that many people heard of them but they are awesome! i'm running fronts and rears with CDT!

·
Registered
31 Posts
If your on a budget go for the Eclipse 8263 speakers. There like $99.95 a pair. They sound as good if not better than the Alpines. They definitly have more punch.

·
0 to 4.3 in 60 seconds
153 Posts
hmm. sooo many different suggestions. i doubt we've helped Napsoner very much. but anyway i'm going to agree w/ some ppl and say get infinity reference, b/c that's what i have at all four corners and it sounds amazing. after i put in my new deck yesterday, i decided not to buy subs because the speakers alone have more than enough bass for me. but that's just MHO. you should find ppl with different types of speakers in their cars and ask to listen to their setup. showrooms are useless for checking out speakers, as i think rthompson said in another thread.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
6.5 speakers

nonpoint585 are you using 3ways in the rear? What are you using for front statge, are they components?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I cant believe no one said a/d/s!!!!

The 6.5" & 1" a/d/s components are simply stunning. However they are expensive. But let me tell you, they are worth every penny. And the inline xovers made me nutt when I first opened the box.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
oh....well, a/d/s is out then. lol I think they're upwards of $500 a set.

But worth every penny.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts