The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
DavidGaloustov
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if any of you guys had any major or minor problems, I know some of you had problems right after you bought the car, excluding that, what issues have you had since you purchased your SE-R?

·
Nissan freak
254 Posts
No mechanical issues for me...but I have noticed that some of the exterior pieces don't fit quite right. The gaps are off in spots.

·
Nuck Fan
105 Posts
A minor problem I had once I bought the Altima SER was I usually got thrown into the same boat as some of the more stupid SER owners that ran their mouths off before in the forum and sometimes automatically labeled stupid by association ... :sad: ... :p

but getting past that for me the only problem I had was one of the rear endlinks got loose and the bolt disappeared and the dealership replaced the entire endlink and stuff under warranty without being asked which was a surprise since they usually fight you till the bitter end with warranty issues ... I've heard others with problems here and there but I think its a by car basis and not a generalization since 99% of the car is like every other Altima so just look for common problems with a V6 Altima ...

·
Shift_4Yourself
734 Posts
I've had a problem with the rear brake calipers rusting. Its mainly a costmetic issue, but Nissan refuses to deal with it, even though the calipers are supposed to be painted. Its a pissoff, but I don't really give a shite, since its going back on the lease next year.

The tire treadwear is terrible, but that's by design.

I had a long standing problem with a knocking sound in the front that took over five trips to the dealership and over two months to finally get ironed out. They ended up fixing it, but stopped short of blaming me because they figured it was caused by the amp wire installer (that they recommend), as they claim it turned out to be the brace between the strut towers.

Other than that (knock on wood), things have been decent. Still have one year left on the lease, hopefully a decent replacement comes up soon, because right now there aren't really any interesting alternatives.

·
TEAM TORQUE STEER!!!
273 Posts
hmmm...no major issues.....minor stuff??: the little catch, that keeps ur mats in place has broken, rear brake squeak (occasional), lost 1 of the rings around my fog light...left pass side door stripping came off(just jammed it back in, it was random)...sides those things, nothing major. She just turned 20k, and she is still making me smile when I hit the key!!

·
Learning English !!
173 Posts
1000km after i got it from the dealers the clutch was stuck to the floor.. and some heat shield were making a ugly sound,the dealer fix it right away.Im still in love whit my Se-r and i just hit the 28000km

·
All Nissan, All The Time!
620 Posts
No issues since we bought it March 05. Only problem we have is keeping our feet off the floor listening to the sweet exhaust sounds as they sing to redline. :) We've been just as happy as we were with our old 2k2 Altima 3.5 SE. Both Great CARS!!!!!

Actually only a few minor irritations with rattles inside. One being the gauge pod on the dash. I little super glue properly placed fixes the problem. Only other complaint is a rattle in the upper passenger seatbelt loop on the pillar. I haven't figured out how to attack and defeat it yet.. :D

·
DavidGaloustov
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My trunk kinda makes this squeeky noise while I drive, Ill get my guy to fix it. On my stick shift, sometimes its a pain in the ass getting it in reverse because it has to perfectly go through that horizontal gap before you can bring it down to R. Sometimes it just goes through as if the gap is bigger. Any comments?

·
Registered
68 Posts
The two front power windows motors. goes down 3" after going up. They said that was calibration. After two or three calibrations they replaced. The front shock absorbers. Two wheels that have loose paint since I brought the car. A catalytic tha loose a heat shield. The front rotors( they replaced when replace the shocks).

All in warranty parts and labors. The only thing that I have paid what the front pads when they replaced the rotors. But no mechanical problems

·
Registered
475 Posts
They replaced my tranny at 2K miles due to the 1-2 grinding when cold issue. It still grinds a little but if I keep the RPM's very low, then shift it's not too bad.
At about 15K miles, the check engine light came on and it turned out to be something with the evap cannister.
Everything was covered under warranty.

My lease is up in 6 months. My buy out is 16K. I'm seriously thinking about keeping her :).

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would try a high quality syn gear oil. Redline, royal royal purple, or even GM syncromesh.

·
blue_specv
372 Posts
I had my engine replaced at 25K miles ... Oil Consumption, one of the piston rings were fried ... got a new engine. and now i think this one is doing the samething but not as bad ... if it happens again im just trading it in .

·
Smoke'n 06 SE-R
743 Posts
the exhaust tips don't align perfectly cerntered in the housing.. these tips are sitting closer to the inner wall of the openings.. i believe this is a universal problem for most SE-Rs.. i tried to have the dealer align them so they are centered in the opening, but they refused to do so saying that nissan will not pay for this 'cause that's how they are made.. do you realize how wrong that sounds? if every one of them is defective, it makes it ok for them not to fix them? oh well.. that's just how it is i guess.

·
§è~® f®ÈÄk
13,396 Posts
My dealer actually replaced the hanger on one side for me because my tip was hanging down. It is a problem, they should know about it. They even made a new mount for the mufflers so there are two versions of the mount, mine was replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
358 Posts
replace under warranty:

heat shield rattles
oil pressure gauge
headlight fogged up
cyclops brake light filled with water
clutch pedal assembly
egr valve
main cat
going back tomorrow for the clutch again

probably more.... nissan dealers hate me

·
Registered
2 Posts
whats up guys, I'm new to the site but not new to an ser. I've had mine ('06 smoke 6sp) for a year & a half now. No major mods like I see posted, just nismo cai, stillen stb & 245/45 bridgestones. I pick with 8mi, now have 51k. At 40K miles I heard a sound from the tranny that wasn't good, I figured it was the throw-out bearing. I took it to the dealer who them replaced the entire tranny, didn't tell my why, but I was happy to get a new tranny. Since then, the tranny works fine, but they put the clutch assembly back from the old tranny which now started making funny noises. I took it back to the dealer who now wants to charge me $1100 to replace the clutch because it's not covered under warranty. I am open to any opinions. Thanks

·
Nissan freak
254 Posts
what gaps are you talkin about?
the trunklind sits unevenly when closed and there's nothing in my trunk. The right side lines up perfectly but the left side sits up a little higher. I have to actually push it down for it to line up. My wife noticed the same thing with the rear passenger door. Not nearly as much of a gap, but still. Plus, the driver side rocker panel doesnt line up right in the front. There's a screw inside the wheelwell that holds it in plance. I'm gonna try to even it up when i'm off this week.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts