The Nissan Club banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Smoked Out
2,551 Posts
Ya'll can say what you want...but my first time hearing mortars and AK fire over there I sh!t my pants. Trained or not, you can't prepare TOTALLY for that...during training you KNOW you are going to live.

It's unlike anything you ever seen or heard. So until you sit in your rack/tent/building or whatever feeling the walls shake and unsure exactly how close it is and whether or not you will see your family again...don't EVER in your life assume that you even can relate for a damn second or put these boys down. I'm sure they'd LOVE to be where you are right now....home watching youtube.

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
Let's put this in perspective... I'd be doing the same thing as the dude holding the camera... praying my butt off. But one thing I'd also be doing is trying to get everyone in that room to calm the heck down and remember their training.

And I definitely would not be filming it.

Whoever was screaming with every single boom, should get bitch slapped. They even ask if he was ok... he was screaming so much they probably thought he had been hit.

And as far as me never been in a war, you're right. But you've never been to the bad parts of Brazil either. I've had a .38 pointed to my head so close I could count how many bullets were in the barrel, I will never forget the gray tip on those bullets just pointing at me. I saw the thug rip my younger brother's dreadlock clean off his head because he thought it would be funny.

We never panicked although we certainly were scared shitless... Being scared for your life is all the same, be it in war or while being at the mercy of a thug who thinks you're from a rival gang.

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
j_archer_69 said:
I'd MUCH rather have my dreadlock ripped off then go through the rest of my life missing a limb. Sorry...that just doesn't compare to me.
It doesn't compare because that wasn't the comparison. For you to think it was is either naive or dumb. Pick one.

The comparison made in my post is knowing there's a good chance you're about to die and not panicking.

·
Smoked Out
2,551 Posts
PsyKoh said:
It doesn't compare because that wasn't the comparison. For you to think it was is naive or dumb. You chose.

The comparison made in my post is knowing there's a good chance you're about to die and not panicking.
Chose or choose? And the irony of asking me to choose if I'm dumb or not....

Regardless...I'm not going to sit here and even pretend that I know what you or whoever has been through. Just as you shouldn't with me or any of the boys over there now. You had a gun pointed at your head and lived to tell about it....that's cool. I had mortar rounds shake my building for about 3-4 months weekly....that's cool too.

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
j_archer_69 said:
Nice edit by the way....
I edited it 5 minutes before you posted. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
PsyKoh said:
Let's put this in perspective... I'd be doing the same thing as the dude holding the camera... praying my butt off. But one thing I'd also be doing is trying to get everyone in that room to calm the heck down and remember their training.

And I definitely would not be filming it.

Whoever was screaming with every single boom, should get bitch slapped. They even ask if he was ok... he was screaming so much they probably thought he had been hit.

And as far as me never been in a war, you're right. But you've never been to the bad parts of Brazil either. I've had a .38 pointed to my head so close I could count how many bullets were in the barrel, I will never forget the gray tip on those bullets just pointing at me. I saw the thug rip my younger brother's dreadlock clean off his head because he thought it would be funny.

We never panicked although we certainly were scared shitless... Being scared for your life is all the same, be it in war or while being at the mercy of a thug who thinks you're from a rival gang.

Big deal that happened to me all the time back in the hoodz yo!:dance:

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
SIR NUPE A LOT said:
Big deal that happened to me all the time back in the hoodz yo!:dance:
da hoodz > civil war

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
j_archer_69 said:
Yeah...I see. I was actually doing some work in that timeframe believe it or not. ;)
At least someone is working.... :)

41 - 53 of 53 Posts