The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'm the drunk member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had 10" sony xplod powered from this sub for over 2 month now, and I think i blew my sub because I hear rattle coming from it during deep bass. But only when I have my trunk open and I stand right next to it, inside i see no difference.
I didn't know that this sub will be so shit.
So here is my question. What kind of sub I can run safe with this amp, I mean sub that can handle full volume during long period of time.
thnx for any help :)

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
a sub powering a sub? kinda confused...as far as Sony goes, its called Xplode for a reason. what are the specs on the amp (I'm assuming the bazooka is an amp)?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
KrazyAltima99 said:
its one of the really powerful p.miller amps i think around 750 watts. i dunno how much bridged.
750w is the max power, doesn't really mean anything. Here are the specs on the amp.

RSA75.2HC

MSRP: $279.95
2 channel 75 watts per channel amplifier, capable of 1 ohm (stereo) loads. P. Miller Signature Series

Voltage 10.5-14.4
Channels 2
Max Power Output 750 w
Power @ 4 OHM [email protected] ohms(mono)
Power @ 2 OHM [email protected] ohms (mono)
Power @ 1 OHM [email protected] ohm (stereo)

Those are the specs from sasbazooka.com, but I think they are all max power ratings. Here are the specs from Circuitcity.com showing the more important RMS ratings:

# of Channels 2
Power (Watts RMS into 4 ohms x Channels) 75 x 2
Power (Watts RMS into 2 ohms x Channels) 110 x 2
Bridged power x Channels (4 Ohms) 220 x 1
Peak power x Channels (Watts) 280 x 1

How much do you want to spend on a sub? It looks like you need a sub that can handle about 200watts RMS at 4 ohms. I couldn't find what the RMS power is at 2 ohms. On quality amps it is very common for the power to be double. So you could have 400 watts RMS at 2 ohms but I can't find anywhere that lists the numbers.

·
Registered
214 Posts
ars said:
forgot to ask if 5x7" infinity will fit rear deck of 1st gen, and front doors?
front doors = cut the plastic holders, almost fit in. Thats what I did. I have pix, which are kinda useless, but you can just cut it.
read doors = cut the rear deck?..

·
the newb
3,910 Posts
get an Alpine Type E, i think it's 200W RMS, and it extremely nice, in my opinion that is ;P those are what i usually sell, they're on sale this week i think for $100 at Circuit City

1 - 10 of 10 Posts