The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
echelon divison
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL this civic followed me what must have been 5 miles just to ask what the hell i was driving.. he at first said cavalier, then mazda 626... then he wanted to race, but before he wanted to know what my engine was... when i described the 2.4 dohc bit he looked dumbfounded then the dohc part kicked in and he only wanted to run me on the interstate. then when he found out it was a manual, and the fact that that civic engine would prollly fit in mine he just said "well i gotta bad clutch", in his automatic car... anyway, just a story.... peace u allz

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
i just noticed this the other day, but on the home page to the forums you'll see there are different forum topics to choose from...revolutionary idea isn't it???

move thread or somethang...it's like a bad racing story....

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
^^^ Hey Ace, what did you do to your suspension to get the car in that stance? I like it, it gives the car a "coiled spring" look. VERY aggressive.

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
The tool thought it was a Cavalier? Maybe he was 96% blind...

·
5spding soon...
1,377 Posts
i get asked that all the time actually, 2nd gens are a hell of a lot less common and people generally know the name well but dont know the car at all

·
"Victory Is Mine"
535 Posts
Typical Civic ricer

nine6altima said:
It's another case of an uneducated ricer, whose mommy bought him the car , meanwhile he doesn't even know how to put a tire on.

:lol:
Nor knows what size it is

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
wrong forum...

but i had a encounter with a ricer civic today on the highway...lets just say he couldnt keep up...and when i got stuck in traffic he cuts me off and would swerve left to right so i couldnt pass him...highway opened up, and he couldnt hold me back no longer...SEE YA!!!

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
GcDiaz said:
^^^ Hey Ace, what did you do to your suspension to get the car in that stance? I like it, it gives the car a "coiled spring" look. VERY aggressive.
WTF is a coiled spring look

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
coiled spring, as in "mess with me and I will jump down your ****ing throat". Think of a tiger waiting for an excuse to pounce on its prey. That sort of thing. The high rear end, combined with the tires and rims and the ground clearance, reminds me of a Chevelle or something equally intimidating. Those are the cars no one wants to mess with. If I didn't know better, I'd think his car was RWD.

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
haha. exactly what u want in a fwd car. even more weight up front to screw up the handling.

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
Actually, why would it? More weight in front would equal more traction, right? With sufficiently stiff shocks in rear, you could maintain the pressure on the front tires when accelerating, so your cornering shouldn't suffer. The only thing I see having a negative effect on handling is the high center of gravity, but a rear sway bar should deal with that nicely. How wrong am I?

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
moderately wrong if u ask me.
yes it give more traction up front. but what about momentum. all that weight up front especially during braking. u are probably gonna push like hell trying to turn in. then just after turn in, u get loosy rear end cuz there are hardly any weight over the rear, add a swaybar to the mix to take weight off the outside rear tire. u are gonna have a very loose rear end. fun it may be, better cornering it is not.

·
Registered
882 Posts
lol its funny because when i hear the terms "loose" and "push" i immediately think of the r/c track. but he's right about the weight distribution.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts