The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What lumens are factory halogens rated at? Also what bulb size do I need for HID's from misterjungs?

Thanks to those who reply

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

·
Alty Guru
125 Posts
In case you cant find it from searching, i'll be a nice guy:)

the stock halogens (H1) are rated anywhere from 1300 to 1550 lumens.

If you're considering buying HID from misterjung, you of course would need an H1 also

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
You can't just purchase HID lamps and install them in place of your halogens. HID (High Intensity Discharge) lamps require a ballast to excite the Xenon gas mix and thereby, produce light.

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand that pvick, I was just wondering what "k" I could go with for color and still be a lot brighter than my halogens.
Thanks coryu for the info I couldn't find the exact lumens for our halogens on any post I just found what "most" halogens are rated at. I did find that I needed H1 bulbs.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Yotaru(Kris Layher)

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you go with 4300K hid, it will be 3 times brighter the regular halogens. If you go with a 8000K kit the light is only 2 times brighter then stock lamps.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Yotaru said:
I understand that pvick, I was just wondering what "k" I could go with for color and still be a lot brighter than my halogens.
Thanks coryu for the info I couldn't find the exact lumens for our halogens on any post I just found what "most" halogens are rated at. I did find that I needed H1 bulbs.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Yotaru(Kris Layher)
All HID Xenon> all halogen.

K rating is not lumen rating.

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know k detrimnes the wave length of light which determines the color the more color the less lumens so higher "k" = lower lumens lower "k" = higher lumens

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
that was confusing^^^....all i know is that the higher up you go in the K's....the more blue you get until you eventually reach purple....the lower you go, the more white it is....i'm gonna get 7500 or 8000 cuz i love blue:D

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tweekers I'm with you there blue is my favortie color, almost all painting and fiber glass work I ahve done will be the color of your intake, my car will stay silver don't have the cash it takes for a major paint job.

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As of right now that will be the last thing I do I'd like to have something custom done, maybe some airbrushing, but that wont come untill everything else is done. i'm still looking for a job, It seems as If I'm going to win the bid on the new color changing led undercar lights so that will be a cool mod to have.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts