The Nissan Club banner

81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
2015 Nissan Altima S 2.5
253 Posts

Just turned 40,000 miles on my 2015 Altima 2.5S today. So far - so good.

·
Registered
142 Posts
85K running strong. Had a recall on transmission once, but a software update by the dealership on a quick 20min stop fixed it

·
2015 Nissan Altima S 2.5
253 Posts

Approaching 46,000 miles. Aside from four factory recalls, my car has had no significant issues. Let's hope it stays this way.

My local dealer keeps sending me letters and emails about giving me "top dollar" for my 2015 Altima for their used car inventory. Of course, that's likely a lure to incite me to buy a leftover new 2017 Altima (or other vehicle on their lot). I am not interested in selling my 2015 - which is paid off completely - but I am curious as to just how much they'd offer for it.

Best of luck to the rest of you with your Altimas!

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 2013 2.5 SL currently has 52,500 miles. Other than routine maintenance (oil, filters, wipers, etc) and recalls, the only things I've done are:

1. Replaced tires. The original Continentals had 6/32" tread remaining, but they've had dry rot cracks developing for a while now. Replaced with General Altimax - so far they seem quieter than OEM.
2. Serviced brakes. Rears needed replacing at 50,000 miles. Fronts could have gone on until at least 75k, but time and weather were on my side so I replaced those as well. Easy DIY job.
3. Replaced brake fluid. While servicing brakes I replaced the fluid. After 4 years and 50k, it looked like iced tea!
4. The driver's seat foam seems to have more give than it used to. (I live in the Northeast and use the heated seats in the winter a lot. I'm starting to think that extra heat breaks down the seat foam faster, but that's just a theory.) Replacement foam and heater element were only $60, but they're going to wait for some warmer weather before I install.

I still love the car! It's comfortable, quiet, and gets great mileage. I've tracked every fill up through Fuelly.com and have gotten 32.3 mpg since new. On highway trips I've gotten anywhere from 37-42 mpg, depending on speed and traffic. Best mileage seems to be achieved around 65 mph. Traveling the same route at 85 mph results in 3-5 mpg less. I've found the onboard trip computer to almost always be about 3.3 mpg higher than real life.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm almost at 70k with my 2014. Bought it with 61k and already put on 10k in just a few months. lol
Changed tires, air filter and oil so far. I need to find out if the transmission fluid was changed. I'm pretty sure it was because I found an old rubber glove in the area of the tranny plug.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2013 2.5 SV currently has 125,000 miles. I'm approaching my last payment so it will officially be mine. I had to replace my driver's side door handle (something on the inside), rear brakes, but the biggest item was the AC compressor this past summer. Otherwise it's a fine car, not as exciting as my Maxima or as well built, but I intend to put quite a few more miles on it.

·
2015 Nissan Altima S 2.5
253 Posts

Just passed the 50,000 mile mark on Saturday. So far - so good. I will soon need rear brake pads and a new set of tires in another 5k or so. The original Hankook Optimo skins have done well, but a set of Bridgestones or Michelins is in my future. I am also going to get the CVT service ($229 at the Nissan dealership) done in the coming months. I want to do it BEFORE I hit the 60k mark and the powertrain warranty expires.

The car performs well (for a 4cyl), is good on fuel economy and has plenty of room for five people. It also has a decent ride quality and appears to have been screwed together fairly well. Although my car has been fine, I am leery of CVT problems because so many others have experienced them.

I always use Mobil-1 synthetic and change it (and the filter) every 4,500 to 5,000 miles. It is barely dirty when I drain it out of the hot crankcase. I have also replaced the serpentine belt & brake fluid at about 45k when I got my state inspection in October.

My replacement for the Altima is probably not going to be a Nissan, FWIW. The Hyundai Elantra, Hyundai Sonata, Toyota Camry, Honda Accord and even the Ford Fusion are possible replacements. Not sure what I am going to do, but I planned on selling it this fall and getting a new vehicle when the 2019 models are released.

·
Registered
60 Posts
217,500 kms, which is a little over 135,000 miles on my '14 SL 2.5. Replaced the transmission, rad, 1 wheel bearing, and new rotors and pads all around last year. Kept track of my fuel economy on an app since day 1, and have averaged 7.33L/100kms, which translates to 32.22 mpg US, or 38.7 mpg UK. I generally exceed the speed limit by 23% on average, but I accelerate gently in order to achieve this fuel economy. Been very happy with the vehicle except for the transmission replacement at 170,000k. That one hurt.

·
Registered
211 Posts
217,500 kms, which is a little over 135,000 miles on my '14 SL 2.5. Replaced the transmission, rad, 1 wheel bearing, and new rotors and pads all around last year. Kept track of my fuel economy on an app since day 1, and have averaged 7.33L/100kms, which translates to 32.22 mpg US, or 38.7 mpg UK. I generally exceed the speed limit by 23% on average, but I accelerate gently in order to achieve this fuel economy. Been very happy with the vehicle except for the transmission replacement at 170,000k. That one hurt.
Hugh,

I'm glad to hear of your mileage and how far you got on the original tranny. I'm just a few minutes away having bought my '14 SL 2.5 new in Cambridge (But I prefer the service and staff at Brantford Nissan!).

Did you have to pay out of pocket for the tranny, or did you have an "extended" warranty? If you had to pay, do you mind if I ask the total in Canuck Bucks?

I've had a few minor issues with mine, but overall, it has been the best car that I have ever owned. It may not be as "rock-solid" as my 2000 Pathfinder was, but it certainly provides incredible mileage. At this point, I only have 59,000 km on the clock, and the option to extend my warranty if I decide to keep the car longer than 4 years.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hugh,

I'm glad to hear of your mileage and how far you got on the original tranny. I'm just a few minutes away having bought my '14 SL 2.5 new in Cambridge (But I prefer the service and staff at Brantford Nissan!).

Did you have to pay out of pocket for the tranny, or did you have an "extended" warranty? If you had to pay, do you mind if I ask the total in Canuck Bucks?

I've had a few minor issues with mine, but overall, it has been the best car that I have ever owned. It may not be as "rock-solid" as my 2000 Pathfinder was, but it certainly provides incredible mileage. At this point, I only have 59,000 km on the clock, and the option to extend my warranty if I decide to keep the car longer than 4 years.
$6k for the tranny. How much is the warranty, and what mileage limitation? I might opt for it on my new Altima in 2019.

·
Registered
211 Posts
$6k for the tranny. How much is the warranty, and what mileage limitation? I might opt for it on my new Altima in 2019.
Hugh,

I think that I paid around $1100 to extend the Basic (Bumper-to-Bumper) coverage to 4 years and 120,000 km.
I was more worried about electrical or electronic component failure during that time, and I rarely keep my vehicles longer than 4 years.

However, the car is approaching 4 years, with no warranty repairs required so far....and I still like it, which is important!
At only 59,000 km, I would still have the normal 5 year/100,000 km drive train warranty coverage.
I will be checking with my dealer soon to find out the cost to extend my coverage another few years.
If it saves me a $6000 tranny replacement bill, it will be worthwhile!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hugh,

I just got a quote from Nissan to extend my warranty coverage when my 4-Year plan expires.

Nissan Plan (AST): +3 Years, +80,000 km for $2500 CDN

3rd Party Plan (I-Select, Ultimate): +5 Years, +80,000 km for $3000 CDN

Both seem fairly expensive, but both include Road-Side Service and Rental Car.
And, when a typical CVT Replacement costs at least $5200 CDN, it might be worthwhile...but, not if you plan to put a lot of miles on the car...

81 - 100 of 121 Posts