The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im juss wonderin cuz im buyin his Pr cai, and he said theres a whole in the intake from where the nitrous was..and im wonder what kind of set up that was, cuz i may as well use the same set up cuz theres already a hole there! btw, why does nitrous have to be in the intake? im a newbie in the area so bear with me

·
Registered
17 Posts
There's a hole in the intake after the Mass Air Sensor because this is where the nitrous is sprayed. He ran a dry system, probably zex. If it's zex, it's very simple how it works. The nitrous comes from the bottle, goes through the no2 line, through the microprocessor unit, which activates the solenoid, which shoots the nitrous into the intake manifold. Then you hold on tight as hell as hope you can stay on the road. :)

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unhboomer said:
There's a hole in the intake after the Mass Air Sensor because this is where the nitrous is sprayed. He ran a dry system, probably zex. If it's zex, it's very simple how it works. The nitrous comes from the bottle, goes through the no2 line, through the microprocessor unit, which activates the solenoid, which shoots the nitrous into the intake manifold. Then you hold on tight as hell as hope you can stay on the road. :)
ok, makes sense... but since its a DRY set up, wtf is being sprayed? i mean, isnt nitrous a liquid? or is it like a gas? then whats so bad about running a dry set up as opposed to a wet?

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
nope, osama had a wet N.O.S. kit.. it is like a 1/4" tap into the intake.

you can plug the hole with a very short 1/4" bolt, and it is in a location that you can't see without taking intake off.

·
Like a Villain
1,285 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
ok, makes sense... but since its a DRY set up, wtf is being sprayed? i mean, isnt nitrous a liquid? or is it like a gas? then whats so bad about running a dry set up as opposed to a wet?
nitrous oxide = gas

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rick said:
nope, osama had a wet N.O.S. kit.. it is like a 1/4" tap into the intake.

you can plug the hole with a very short 1/4" bolt, and it is in a location that you can't see without taking intake off.
ahh cool. alright, everything makes sense now..now when the time comes for me to get that actual NOS wet kit set up, i'll be back!

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey Ignite, what set up are u using, and be specific, and how do u like it. and problems with it? how often do u refill and how many shots do u get out of each bottle

·
350Z
5,899 Posts
I have a wet system for sale. priced to sell, make me a reasonable offer its yours, it brand new and you get EVERYTHING to make it run.

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
osama said:
I have a wet system for sale. priced to sell, make me a reasonable offer its yours, it brand new and you get EVERYTHING to make it run.
check ur PMs man.:)

·
Rollin' On Jordans
657 Posts
osama said:
why are you unloading all of your shit?

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:

wet means that fuel and nitrous are sprayed from the nozzle.. dry system just shoots nitrous, and the ecu is supposed to handle the fuel duty..

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
osama said:
how much are you selling it for?

·
Like a Villain
1,285 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
hey Ignite, what set up are u using, and be specific, and how do u like it. and problems with it? how often do u refill and how many shots do u get out of each bottle
NOS dry kit (5122 i think). direct port. love it. no problems at all. i barely use it because there's not much racing going on since i started college, but when i used to race at home i'd probably refill every 2 or 3 weeks because i only raced on weekends. the place i go to charges $2.50 per pound to refill, so $25 to fill the bottle. :D

·
1320 In 12 With A Bed.
176 Posts
IgNiTe said:

nitrous oxide = gas
N20 is actually a liquid. When it decompresses it becomes a gas. Shooting it too close to the intake manifold will cause it to puddle up. This doesn't give enough time to atomize and them...BAM, you blew a piston.

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
Redline said:

N20 is actually a liquid. When it decompresses it becomes a gas. Shooting it too close to the intake manifold will cause it to puddle up. This doesn't give enough time to atomize and them...BAM, you blew a piston.
N2O is a liquid at high pressure, at 1 atmosphere it is a gas. hence the name "laughing gas" etc. and redline is right about the shooting too close - you want to give it time to gasify and disperse.

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL yeah, my boys dad is a dentist...free bottle refills YEAH!!!!!!!:D

·
Like a Villain
1,285 Posts
Redline said:

possibly..but what do you see when you open the valve? a gas :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
wow you gotta love this forum, i have never knew so much about nitrous in my life and now i feel so much more confident about lossing to cars with nitrous. (true about loving forum, j/k about the racing)

·
Like a Villain
1,285 Posts
se_12alty said:
now i feel so much more confident about lossing to cars with nitrous.
what cars would that be? :D j/k man

1 - 19 of 19 Posts