The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
short (throw) shifter that fits 93-01?

Gosh darn it...I'm sick of hearing which Integra shifter to buy (do a ****ing search! make sure it's a 94+ with 2 bends...or so I've been told).
Be true to your car and stick with a Nissan shifter...I don't think your Altima will appreciate a Honda/Acura part in it (96-98 Civic shifters should work in Altimas cuz it's the same part for 94+ Integras).
Anyways...if you read my older post about who makes shifters for Altimas, then you're doing good. Here's a list of cars with shifters that should fit 1st and 2nd gen Altimas:

91-01 Sentra
95-99 200sx
91-99 Pulsar
91-01 G20

Sentra shifters can be found easily. There's a few on Ebay right now. I'm guessing Sentra shifters go for ~$50 for a polished silver OBX; that's better than >70 for an Altima shifter. Good luck!

Jay

·
Banned
398 Posts
I am selling one 1st gen short shifter for 35 shipped. Its in the for sale forum. PM me for more info

·
Banned
398 Posts
it shortens your shifter throw. It lets you havemore percise, positive feeling shifts while cutting you actual shift time by ad much as 60% in some cases. To be honest it doesnt do much for your 1/4 time, but it sure is a cool mod to have. If you are interested I have one that will fit your 1st gen. Its 35 shipped if you are interested..just let me know....

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depending on how u shift, it might make a diff. But also depends on the car. My bro's 2k Max feels like it shifts slower cuz it takes more force and it's imprecise (he got stillen's). I know on an altima, 1st to 2nd gear will be very fast...and 2-3 might improve a lil, but my gate sucks. 3-2 will make a huge diff too. 35shipped huh?
Jay

·
Registered
243 Posts
ThurzNite said:
Depending on how u shift, it might make a diff. But also depends on the car. My bro's 2k Max feels like it shifts slower cuz it takes more force and it's imprecise (he got stillen's). I know on an altima, 1st to 2nd gear will be very fast...and 2-3 might improve a lil, but my gate sucks. 3-2 will make a huge diff too. 35shipped huh?
Jay
are you saying that it can be used for an automatic?? I thought that it couldnt??

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hehe...sorry, i was commenting on 5sp...
no, I have no idea if there's short shifters for autos.
Jay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts