The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have been looking for a replacement for my alty and these are the choices i can make:
95-96 Integra
95-96 Camary
96-97 mazda 626
97 Sentra
or
96 Accord (ok i know i dont like HOnda's either, but its a possiblity)

Help me out, i am so confused
 

·
Former Alty Owner
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
not that OTHER brand!

an altima

Because if you get one of those other cars you will leave and forget about us.. :(

I don't want that to happen... even tho I'll still be able to see you here in miami.. it just won't be the same. :( :( :(
 

·
ASE certified wiseass
Joined
·
431 Posts
97 GSR. The new RSX sucks, even with 200 horsies and a 6 speed. Get an older GSR. You will love it.

If not, forget them all and get a 2002 Subaru WRX. 227Hp turbo charged all wheel drive baby. A real rally car.

At least test drive one, you'll be shocked.

Randy
 

·
Lord of the rims
Joined
·
498 Posts
RGAZ said:
97 GSR. The new RSX sucks, even with 200 horsies and a 6 speed. Get an older GSR. You will love it.

If not, forget them all and get a 2002 Subaru WRX. 227Hp turbo charged all wheel drive baby. A real rally car.

At least test drive one, you'll be shocked.

Randy
i think sweetaltima has a budget limit
WRX is too expensive comparing with the cars that sweetaltima listed

i say go for a teg GSR
or camary XLE v6
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: not that OTHER brand!

AltimaJG said:
an altima

Because if you get one of those other cars you will leave and forget about us.. :(

I don't want that to happen... even tho I'll still be able to see you here in miami.. it just won't be the same. :( :( :(

Dont worry, i can never forget about my first car, my alty, or this place (as much as it may suck at times, but i still love it, why do u think i still come on?)

I dont think i will get another alty, it is a possibility but i seriously doubt it. =(

I need a change and something new to play with!!! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
00000 said:

i think sweetaltima has a budget limit
WRX is too expensive comparing with the cars that sweetaltima listed

i say go for a teg GSR
or camary XLE v6
Yes yes, i do have a budget of around 7G's, maybe 7,500 if i am lucky.

I think V6 will use way too much gas, WRX: as fast and great as it may be, i think it is sooo nasty.

Will the Teg GSR last for 4 more yrs? Are they expensive to maintain?

So Mazda sucks? no one has mentioned it yet.

I need something stylish and something that will last for another 4-5 yrs and wont be expensive to maintain.

HELP
 

·
Tofu Shop Owner
Joined
·
3,704 Posts
7500? If I was in your situation, I'd use that to fix up the Altima just the way I like it... :D None of the options that you listed sound very appealing to me.
 

·
Official Troll
Joined
·
7,780 Posts
sweetaltima18 said:
Ok so i have been looking for a replacement for my alty and these are the choices i can make:
95-96 Integra
95-96 Camary
96-97 mazda 626
97 Sentra
or
96 Accord (ok i know i dont like HOnda's either, but its a possiblity)

Help me out, i am so confused
7500??? hhhmmmm... that won't buy you much.

All things being equal... let's say
year - 1996
mileage - 70000
area - Miami, Fl

According to Carprice.com (I don't like Kelley Blue because I think their values are over inflated)....

Integra LS sedan - $8500
Integra LS hatch - $8300

Camry LE sedan 4cyl - $8400
Camry LE coupe 4cyl - $8000

Accord LX coupe 4cyl - $8500
Accord LX sedan 4cyl - $8600

And these are the prices before options are added!!!

So there's not much you can buy for $7500. And don't forget, you have to has some money on the side for repairs and mods.

For your budget, you're looking into the Sentra/Civic range.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
 

·
See ya on the flipside...
Joined
·
2,076 Posts
I'd try looking for a 200SX-SER or a Honda Civic w/ a B16 engine. Both cars should be under 7500 and are both fun cars to fix up. I've owned a 200SX, easy to fix and very reliable. The civic has a lot of performance parts for the B16 engines. Laterz.
 

·
My car is an automatic.
Joined
·
1,070 Posts
sweetaltima18 said:


Will the Teg GSR last for 4 more yrs? Are they expensive to maintain?

So Mazda sucks? no one has mentioned it yet.

I need something stylish and something that will last for another 4-5 yrs and wont be expensive to maintain.

HELP
Teg's will last a long time of you keep up with the scheduled maintenance. Only prob is that if they break it'll cost an arm and a leg to fix since its an acura. Plus your insurance will prob see a nice little jump going from a 4 door family car to a entry level luxury coupe.

My pick would be to find a nice 95-98 200sx SER. You can score a nice one for about 7-9 thousand with decent mileage. With the SR20DE the possibilites are endless and the sky's the limit.
 

·
Traded in Alti!!!
Joined
·
406 Posts
My friends 96 Integra cost him 10G's, but it had leather and everything. Sweet thing is already has headers and everything like that for it already cause there is actually a demand for that car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Re: What should be my new car????

flarearrow said:


7500??? hhhmmmm... that won't buy you much.

All things being equal... let's say
year - 1996
mileage - 70000
area - Miami, Fl

According to Carprice.com (I don't like Kelley Blue because I think their values are over inflated)....

Integra LS sedan - $8500
Integra LS hatch - $8300

Camry LE sedan 4cyl - $8400
Camry LE coupe 4cyl - $8000

Accord LX coupe 4cyl - $8500
Accord LX sedan 4cyl - $8600

And these are the prices before options are added!!!

So there's not much you can buy for $7500. And don't forget, you have to has some money on the side for repairs and mods.

For your budget, you're looking into the Sentra/Civic range.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

WEll thats what i thought till i started searching for cars around this area and i see plenty for under 8G's that appear nice and dependable, i havent actually gone to see them in person bc i wont buy for another 2-3weeks.

well i will let u know what happens bye

ps: the tow truck is here to take my alty away for good, so i am going to go say good bye
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top