The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I'm a newbie as you can tell. I have a 99 Altima that I want to get a nice system in. I listen to everything: Alternative, Techno, Rap...so on. Because of this, I'm not sure what the best setup would be. If anyone has ideas and has time to respond, please help me. Thanks in advance and take care.
-Raz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey. I am a novice when it comes to car audio, but I think you and I are alot alike. I listen to everything from marilyn manson to yanni, phil collins and triple six mafia. I have found a setup which is very versitile- very loud guitar riffs, tight, responsive bass, and yet, I am able to drown out the guy next to me with rap. I will post what I have, and maybe you can create something to suit your tastes.

kenwood x911 cd player (8volt Pre out)
Orion 225hcca
Orion 2150xtr
boston acoustic pro 5.25 comp. in front
alpine 6.5 coaxils in rear fill
two JL 12W6 dvc subs in sealed enclosure, facing towards rear of car.
stinger 1 farad cap on 2150

this setup would retail for around $2300 but I am positive you could find some deals if you search for them

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for the advice. I'll look into it and see what I can do. I don't wanna spend too much but I don't want a system that sucks ass. Where did you mount the subs by the way?
-Raz

·
Registered
399 Posts
How much are you looking to spend? And did you ever live in PA? I knew a kid named Raz.

·
Registered
336 Posts
GREAT SETUP

flood141 said:
Hey. I am a novice when it comes to car audio, but I think you and I are alot alike. I listen to everything from marilyn manson to yanni, phil collins and triple six mafia. I have found a setup which is very versitile- very loud guitar riffs, tight, responsive bass, and yet, I am able to drown out the guy next to me with rap. I will post what I have, and maybe you can create something to suit your tastes.

kenwood x911 cd player (8volt Pre out)
Orion 225hcca
Orion 2150xtr
boston acoustic pro 5.25 comp. in front
alpine 6.5 coaxils in rear fill
two JL 12W6 dvc subs in sealed enclosure, facing towards rear of car.
stinger 1 farad cap on 2150

this setup would retail for around $2300 but I am positive you could find some deals if you search for them

Who is ur instaler...... a system is only as good as the instal.... learned that the had way. I would not use any rear fill at all run what ever amp u choose to ur fronts only, put them in kick panels this will give ur speakers an inclosure... better responce and the tweeter projected line should meet at a 90degree angle directl above the shifter thingy... if auto 1000 times better

·
Registered
336 Posts
Razib said:
Hey,
I'm a newbie as you can tell. I have a 99 Altima that I want to get a nice system in. I listen to everything: Alternative, Techno, Rap...so on. Because of this, I'm not sure what the best setup would be. If anyone has ideas and has time to respond, please help me. Thanks in advance and take care.
-Raz
I can get gear cheap I have a set of componets for sale the ones use CDT cl6.5 ask around they are great. I have no use for my rear stage anymore so they are jsut sitting around if interested email [email protected] We can talk.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm looking to spend up to 2g's. I don't really wanna spend any more at the current time, cuz, well...I'm low on cash. Btw, what are your opinions on the Sony Xplod components. I hear good and bad things about them so I'm confused. Tell me what you think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't care much for Xplod at all, but like you when i bought my system i didnt want to spend alot and only had about 1g luckily i got a friend to hook me up phat with a 30% discount and i bought 2 12" Alpine Type-S subs and they bump real nice except for the trunk rattle and they were only about $100 each at Custom Sound, i wanted a head unit (i ended up gettin a Pioneer Supertuner III DEH-2300 which is pretty basic and only like $170) so i could only afford to buy a Rockford Fosgate 360x2 Punch amp and it pushes about 200 watts to each of them and was only like $400 (i plan on upgrading to a 500x2 or 800x2 if i can afford it) a nice thing about the amp is that it has a little dial that controls the volume for the bass and you can mount it just about anywhere you feel like, but overall the system is well worth the money spent but for 2gs you can some pretty nice stuff id look into JL Audio subs and Pheonix Gold amps if i were you, kenwood has some that are alright for cheap too

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sony Xplod is worthless sony ES amps are nice and there HUs are aight.

·
Weekend Alcoholic
3,165 Posts
hey dont make fun of xplod. i decided to be one of the few that are tryin in out. so far with what i had it wasnt to bad but i decided to start the upgrade to the new line of sony produckts. i will list what i have so far

Xplod cdx-M600 head unit
Mobile ES XM-6001GXD Amp (aka 1000watt class D)
12'' Mobile ES Woofer with Dual Voice Coil in a sealed enclosure aimed through the porthole.
6x9 3-way Speakers in the rear.

hopefully sometime within the next few days i will get my components and a second amp to power all my speakers. i'll finally get some pictures taken of my car to post.....hope to many people dont laugh.

just a quick question....do any of you know where i can get the kick panals for a 97 altima?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts