Nissan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DJ QUIK
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the hell?

Chrysler makes a 3.5L engine with 253 horses(300m) and all Nissan can squeeze out of the same displacement is 240?

·
788 Posts
Dude...It doesn't matter. Chrysler's engines are some of the shittiest on the planet. I'm sure the new VQ35s have a better torque curve, too. Fourteen, shmourteen HP. Whoopdy-freakin'-do. That's a shitty car, with a shitty motor. Notice how many of those quiefs Chrysler has actually sold...

Out.

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
Re: What the hell?

hidaltima said:
Chrysler makes a 3.5L engine with 253 horses(300m) and all Nissan can squeeze out of the same displacement is 240?
The VQ35 is not optimally tuned in the Altima ("detuned" may be the wrong word though). It is capable of more than the 240hp output on the Altima. The Maxima gets 255 out of it, and the same engine in the G35 is expected to be around 270, plus I'm now hearing (reading) rumors of 300+ hp from the same engine in the 350Z.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Re: Re: What the hell?

Creature said:

The VQ35 is not optimally tuned in the Altima ("detuned" may be the wrong word though). It is capable of more than the 240hp output on the Altima. The Maxima gets 255 out of it, and the same engine in the G35 is expected to be around 270, plus I'm now hearing (reading) rumors of 300+ hp from the same engine in the 350Z.
Exactly. The Altima is the cheapest car available with VQ35. Nissan keeps it underpowered so that it wouldn't eat into other models' sales. The good news is that it would probably take a couple of minor mods to bring the Altima to the 300 hp level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Capitalist
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing