The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tires would ya'll recommend on a lowered car. My 93 gxe is dropped 2 and half inchs and i was waundering what kind of tires could i get the most use out of? which will last the longest? any suggestions would help. They are going on 17" rims.

Thanks
Chris

·
caviar cartel
3,219 Posts
yup, i have 215/45/17 kumho ecsta supras they are z rated and are real nice performance tires considering theyre under $100

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
I used to go with Z rated tires but the treadlife on my Yokohamas is low.I will more than likely be going with H rated tires this time.

215/45/17 is the size you need.

·
caviar cartel
3,219 Posts
Yea my car is lowered on springs.. ive had the tires for like 5 months or so and still plenty of tread left id say i put around 10k miles on them

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
I have Kuhmo ECSTA 712's on my car and they lasted over 30 months and about 50,000 miles. This has been with a drop anywhere from 1.5"-2.5" throughout that time.

I just replaced them with the same tires. Never a blow out, they wore pretty evenly considering the drop. I made sure to get an alignment once every 14 months or so and rotated the tires every other oil change. I even had them balanced a couple of times throughout their life.

Never did I have a problem, the tread design is awesome and they handle very well in the rain. Not a snow tire though. Best part, you can get them for as low as $88

·
8,112 Posts
I have 215/45/17 Falken's.

Only had them for a summer before I do the switch for winter but they are super sticky, seem to have full tread doing the penny measurement I do and I love em. Also, Im slammed with GC coil's

Only $100 now. I got them when they were $120:angry4: :D

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
HondaKillah said:
I used to go with Z rated tires but the treadlife on my Yokohamas is low.I will more than likely be going with H rated tires this time.

215/45/17 is the size you need.
I told you before, but had to be "cool" and get z-rated.:p

·
RIP 6/24/07
1,611 Posts
Falken zeix 512s auesome in the rain, decent in snow and are super sticky on dry pavement

1 - 13 of 13 Posts