The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about $200 to spend on some new stuff for my car. I really like the stillen lip, but since it needs to be painted it would be more than $200.. how much did you guys pay for the lip and also to get it painted? (and where)

I could also get a spoiler, that would be much cheeper. would the car look dumb with just the lip and not the sills or spoiler? let me know!

·
Long Time Caller
1,951 Posts
i think it will look fine with just the lip. 200 dollars limits you to only the spoiler. get it on ebay, clearence from spoilerdepot.com for 150 painted, and install it or have someone install it for 50 bucks. i called a bunch of places to ask how much to paint a spoiler, and many of them said 200 bucks. that would blow all your money right there, and you would have to paint the lip, im not sure about the skirts, but hey, you want both of them, not just 1, so double you cost there.
get a spoiler.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
i was in the same situation u where in and i decide to get the spoiler painted from spoilerdepot.com for $232.47. Its coming in tommorow and i am happy. Going to get installed at some shop for 40 bucks.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Well, lip without sills looks weird.

Take JerryJ's Altima's side picture and imagine it without sill. It will definitely make you think something is missing.

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
side sills make the car look way better. You can get the lip and go to autozone and get some import silver paint and pait it yourself. I did that to my grill and it looks great. I did not get the paint with the metallic flake. It did not match.

·
I Am My Altima's Bitch
3,035 Posts
02silver2.5l said:
side sills make the car look way better. You can get the lip and go to autozone and get some import silver paint and pait it yourself. I did that to my grill and it looks great. I did not get the paint with the metallic flake. It did not match.
You need to make sure that the lip is sprayed with a paint containing a proper flex agent, designed for the polycarbonate lip material. If not, the paint will chip and peel off almost immediately.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Neither. Don't waste your $200 on looks. Get something to increase performance. Best bet for the $200 neighborhood... a good intake system.

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
yea but doesn't it rid like $hit compared to the factory
setup

·
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont want to lower it, I like the ride how it is and dont want to screw with the suspension. I had pondered it, but dont want to replace a strut prematurely. Im leaning twords the lip if I can get it painted cheap, otherwise the activetuning sports grill. the spoiler is a close third. =)
OH, and I allready have an intake. its in my sig. the only other thing I want performance wise is a UDP, which I guess I could get too. Id rather have it look cool tho, ive kinda given up on performance since one of my friends has a wrx with 300+ HP since its heavily modded. :rolleyes:

·
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
arent you worried about your struts prematurely blowing out? also there is the alignment problem, which is a pain to get aligned after that. I dont want to rotate my tires every oil change, Its hard to do it ever 5 oil changes.. I live at a appartment so I cant do anything here...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts