The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
EL Baja-Panti
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I have a dual 10" bandpass enclosure, the one with 3 chambers.....

I want to know which is better to get or which one is more compatible for bandpass box......

Volfenhag subs, Infinty subs or kicker subs?

Any other suggestions are appreciated I already had this enclosure and dont have enough money to buy any other so i want to use it for now.........thanks

box is similar to this one.......just the look not the brand !

http://www.teptronics.com/bpass10.html

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
i hate to say it but those boxes are pieces of shit!

they sound like shit as well, you would be better off buying/ making a sealed box.

but if your going to put any speaker in there i would suggest kicker. they are the cheapest and bang pretty hard.... and iv herd them in a few custom bandpass boxes and sounded good for bass not sound quality....

·
EL Baja-Panti
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey m3dia, thanx for the feedback !!

I know they're not very good a neighbor of mine made the box and he basically made the box exactly like the one on that link, ill try to get a better quality one or have rfthompson do one for me but for now imma use that one maybe for a couple of months til i have money for a better bandpass box (yes, i like bandpass always had them).........

I just wanna know which subs i can use with this til i have one made specifically for the one i buy.......

So fellas im open to suggestions !...........One

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
i had a bandpass for a while and i just switched to a sealed box thats ported thru the rear armrest and it sounds much better

·
Registered
288 Posts
Honestly, you should just have him make you a standard ported box next time. It sounds like you're in it for the bass, or else I'd recommend sealed. seriously though, either would sound better than what you have, and it would take up less space.

As far as your question. Kicker would be the best out of that group. But Infinity isn't bad. Whatever you do, stay away from Volfenhag because they suck. Overall I'd definitely say you should go with the Kickers if you still plan on going bandpass...but the Infinity will probably sound better if you went for a small sealed enclosure.

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
yeah i agree with invisible, but if you decide to go sealed, or ported. i suggest an adire audio shiva.

i promise you will be amazed by the sound quality , ask rthompson about the shiva, get him to make you a ported box as well.

·
Registered
288 Posts
agreed with media 100% on this one...I was just trying to stay within the subs he asked about. But if you're willing to stray the shiva won't let you down.

·
EL Baja-Panti
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks alot fellas, i guess im going with the kickers then, i really enjoy the bass of a bandpass enclosure..., til last year i had 2 cerwin vegas in a Q-logic bandpass and it hit REALLY HARD and it was pretty clean had it for 3 years til i sold them too some kid.
Now i miss the bass and had a neighbor do a box for me and it looked like the pic in the link (never used it).So now im trying to figure out which subs will go with that box til i have money and have a good box (bandpass) made.....

·
Registered
71 Posts
STAY AWAY FROM THE VOLFENHAG!!!!!!!! I don't care what ANYBODY says that brand is like Legacy. They make an cosmetically exaggerated woofer. It sounds somewhat decent but they do not last long. Even if they have warranty don't buy them. They actually put tiny pin holes in themselves if you make them move with alot of excursion. THOSE WOOFERS R TRASH. I also don't think they fit in that box anyway. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts