The Nissan Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know the SER auto tranny is used in many other vehicles other than Nissan.

So I found on a Volvo forum where one guy, a chemist, was using Amsoil multi-vehicle trans fluid.

The Nissan fluid is pretty expensive so I was wondering what you guys have tried, and found to work.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
As you all know the SER auto tranny is used in many other vehicles other than Nissan.

So I found on a Volvo forum where one guy, a chemist, was using Amsoil multi-vehicle trans fluid.

The Nissan fluid is pretty expensive so I was wondering what you guys have tried, and found to work.
I was using Royal Purple Max ATF on my former Auto SER Alti with great results , bought a case & had the tranny shop ( you can do it yourself for sure ) 3 times ( drop & fils with a short ride in between ) .

If not this oil I would ve used Nissan s Matic K .

·
Registered
135 Posts
I used the Amsoil ATF in my 2005 Altima. I still have the factory fluid in my 2014 though. Amsoil now has a CVT transmission fluid as well that's a replacement for the Nissan CVT transmission fluid. I have an Amsoil Preferred Customer membership so I can get wholesale prices when I place my order. Included in that membership is an Amsoil magazine that has articles about different tests that they have done with Amsoil, including "real world" testing where they put Amsoil in a New York city taxi cab, and ran another with conventional oil and transmission fluid inspected both engines and transmissions when they reached just over 100k miles. They did a complete teardown on both vehicles and showed the differences in the wear on the two vehicles. It was clear as day that the Amsoil provided FAR BETTER protection than conventional oil.
They did the same test on a vehicle with a CVT transmission when it reached just over 100k miles. The difference wasn't quite as noticeable as on the two cabs, but there was less wear on the bands of the transmission that had Amsoil, when they showed the pictures side by side. They was a color difference too, and they claimed that was because the Amsoil ran a lot cooler than the other fluid, the color difference on the bands was from overheating. (Or so they say..)
Regardless, I'm a faithful Amsoil customer and I love their products. I truly believe that they will make my vehicles run better, smoother, and last far longer.

Reactions: Penguinchit

·
Super Moderator
2,585 Posts
I just switched to Amsoil ATF. So far, I dig it. I did notice better shifting over Matic-K. It's too soon to tell longevity because I just changed it about a month ago. Better performance and more cost effective. No more $120 trips just for ATF.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Amsoil s great stuff , used to have some on my old motocross back in the years . Had RP because I had easier access then .

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
No problem my friend .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts