The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it time for me to go turbo and nitrous!!!

In canada turbo kits is preaty expensive... 8000$ Can... almost 5600$US...

So I will go costum!!!

I think this will be my setup :

Turbo : GT28RS

Dual ball bearing
T25-style turbine inlet
Internal wastegate
Flow capacity of about 350hp
Turbine:
Wheel: 53.85mm w/ 76 trim
Housing: .86 ar
Compressor:
Wheel: 60mm w/ 62 trim
Housing: .60 ar

Headers:

Nissan 240SX KA24DE SS Turbo Headers
No more need for expensive engine swaps. Keep your 2.4L and turbocharge it! Has a T25 flange.

Fits Nissan KA24DE engines, including ¤ 93-01 Nissan Altima
¤ 94-99 Nissan 240SX S14

- Tune ECU
-370cc injector of Sr20det
- blow off Turbosmart Supersonic

for now, I don't know what will be my intercooler...

Give me your opinion on that!!!

For now, I just want to boost above 6 psi...

·
01 SE 5mt
2,562 Posts
im not usre that manifold is going to work with our motor config, looks like the turbo would be to the wrong sode, the FMax manifold puts the turbo twards the drivers side to clear the altinator and coolent hose for the upper radiator in/out let

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
but the turbo kits don't come with ECU???

Do I need a tune ECU for the that kits???

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
no the kit doesnt come with an ecu, but it sure as hell dont cost 5600us$ either. you can get the ecu from jwt, or u can buy mine bc its not working right for me. im using my stock ecu for now.

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
I hope you realize that the 'disco potato' is going to drop you back a few bucks...

i've got a t3/t4b....60 a/r and not sure of trim at the moment

I did have a t3/t04e...and well that got torched!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oki!!

so you recomanded me a t3/t04e???

I think this turbo is not so expensive!!!

So whit the kit, I just need a tune ECU???

turbonetics kit or f-max kits???

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
fmax kit...in all reality you could probably piece your own together for alot less then theirs, all you would need to buy from them would possibly be the pipe or you could even route it yourself

as with turbos: that t3/t04e is a bigger turbo and takes a lil longer to spool than the t3/t4...i opted for the smaller faster spooling to have boost a lil lower in the rpms

and that manifold, looks like it would run right through the fans!

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
at the very least, get the FMax manifold and 'e' turbing housing pending your budget...

if you're really gonna do this, please let us help you do it right the first time ;)

·
01 SE 5mt
2,562 Posts
Black Hornet said:
if you're really gonna do this, please let us help you do it right the first time ;)
thisis why I am reading all the threads

trully read what trials and tribulations these fine people have gone through with their turbos, they know alot

if you want a nice plug and play ecu, AEM will have one for us in a few months -- fully programable

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
oki so

- High fuel pump
- Blow off turbosmart Supersonic
- Gauges boost
- Costom Headers in stainless
- costom Downpipe
- FMU (Cartech) (Fuel Management unit)
- Turbo TE04H

All tuning, all piping and all installation...

bost at 6-7 psi!!!

Prise : 4000$Can tx. in (3000$US)

Does it sound good???

·
phi phi Kappa Alpha
3,033 Posts
why do you just want to boost 6psi, you will be at like 170-180ish horse...you will want more...plan on 10psi. EVERYONE always says...oh I won't go over 6 or 7...you have no idea what boost is like, you want more. I want more, and I can't and it sucks. If you want to save money get a mitsubishi BOV.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just want to boost at 6-7 psi because I have a nitrous setup also!!!

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
you went from a garrett turbo to a turbonetics turbo to a mitsubishi turbo. does anyone else see the huge steps back he's taking or is it just me? please for the sake of everyone else, do some research... there are a ton of turbo altimas out there running all different types of turbos, none of which are mitsubishi turbos. your costs are estimating that everything goes together smoothly, and I can tell you now, nothing will go together smoothly, especially if you buy a turbo that wont fit on your manifold.

·
1,484 Posts
manifold is costing me about 200 bucks. The guy works for my parents. He owns a shop that makes frames for racecars. They also fab headers, exhaust, and all that good stuff. So he said he would take care of me on it. I'm buying the flanges and he's piecing it all together for me.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
I'll be running the GT28RS "disco potatoe" on my SR. I have a T28 I could sell you if your interested.

Originally posted by Ben_digt ATC

Turbo : GT28RS

1 - 20 of 24 Posts