The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Shift_???
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying 19's Chromies for my Alti...!! but I don't know who you would to look for, what shops sell their wheels on the net, and who offer the best prices...

I've been checking Ebay for some wheels, but even if sometimes the price is right, you never know what's wrong with the wheels (e.g. scratches, bend, etc...)

So since I know some of you guys got some really nice wheels for you car's (Tekie99, Enforcer, Altimat, and all you guys who have nice BIG rims...you know who you are...!!!!) I just wanted your input on who would you recommend purchasing rims from..!!

I'd love to get some Canadian shops, but the ones I know are either too pricey, or don't have any nice rims to show...!!! And don't worry if the shops don't ship outside the US, i've got a buddy (In Kentucky) who will ship them to me no problem if this becomes the issue..

thx guys..!!

·
driven
1,110 Posts
Maybe you should check out the auto show in Toronto in mid feb...there might be some on display....

The major benefit of buying from a Canadian disributor is for warranty or return work...the conversion factor coupled with border taxes and delivery always seem to negate the initial impression when buying from the states...that's what i've found.

I would need to see the rim first hand before dropping big $$$$ to ensure I like the finish and quality...good luck.

Just my opinion...

·
Shift_???
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx, Bakes...

I'm still looking around for rims, and yes you are right about the shipping and border taxes and everything else...!! it's just I haven't found anything I liked here yet...but buying outside of Canada is mostly a last resort option....

Can't wait to see what will be going on at the Auto Show...1 more week to wait..!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ideally, you want a friend who owns or works in a performance shop that an hook you up with the wheels you like for wholesale price. Your good friend / shop owner might even pay for the shipping, charge no sales tax, and install & mount the wheels/tires for free.

Some good wheel/tire websites are www.tirerack.com and www.wheelspecs.com and www.discounttire.com. They have pretty good prices, no sales tax, and offer free shipping. Unfortunately, choices are limited and if you order a wheel/tire package you can't always get the tire size you want.

Ebay is actually a REALLY good place to find used wheels. There are a lot good deals, but like you said, some sellers are shady. My friend w/ a turbo swapped 240SX checked ebay daily for weeks and found a sweet deal on some nice wheels.

·
Shift_???
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Caliboy, I was wondering how much you paid for your rims, I was looking at a BBS set of rims, same style you have on your car (LOOKS AWESOME:D) I found them on Ebay a couple of weeks ago, can't remember how much he was asking for, but just for an estimate as to what would be a good deal on this kind of rims...!!

The styles i'm looking at are either mesh, or a 5 or 6 spoke....I've seen a whole bunch of rims, but still haven't found anything that caught my attention...but thanks for the advice, I think I will need to check with the guy who sold 20's to my brother last year, he might be able to hook me up...!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Check your PM. Also, try flipping through some car magazines and look at the wheel ads and find a set of wheels you like. Another suggestion is to get a pen and paper and draw your ideal wheels and then look for something just like it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts