The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what mods will make my engine run more efficiently? also im looking for a new muffler for once my warntee runs out, so is there one that will give me a sound thats similar to the nicely tuned roar that cars like lamborghinis and feraries have instead of the high pitched squel that civics have or that obnoxious loud rumble with domestic v8's have?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I would recommend good intake as the quickest way to help your engine, but it's a good idea to have a plan with what you want to do with your car before buying anything. That way you'll be buying mods that work together the best and not waste money.

As for the exotic car sound, the KA24DE is not your most refined engine. There's ways to make the exhaust sound different, but it's a personal choice about what sounds best. Try doing some searches.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
i/h/e + easy driving (not flooring it) = even better mileage...

start with the intake...

·
Banned
1 Posts
I would say make sure the engine is in tune first. Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, PCV valve......little things like that......THEN move on to mods, for maximum efficiency

·
DirtyD!ck MoFo
551 Posts
as far as finely tuned and more efficient...a complete tune up....like DJ Sassan said....
I"d do a gas tank flush from the dealer for longer life....um....buncha little stuff that adds up as far as effeiciency is concerned.....then move on to mods

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
djsassan said:
I would say make sure the engine is in tune first. Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, PCV valve......little things like that......THEN move on to mods, for maximum efficiency
I would agree with that, you would be amazed how many people put an intake and exhaust on a car without checking the plugs and changing the fuel fliter every 10,000 miles like they are susposed too... DAMN, i have to give you some props on that!

·
Banned
1 Posts
hey, thanks!

Thats why it is taking me so long to get major stuff done. I want my engine to be in tiptop shape before I do anything else. So extra money I had for modding first went to the NGK wires and plugs and blah blah blah.....then on to the other stuff. Car runs smooth all the time (with the exception of last weekend).

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Fuel filter every 10K???? I thought it was 30K, I may be way over due.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I thought so too. . .the PM schedule straight from Nissan places the fuel filter at 30k mile marks. . .30k, 60k, 90k. . .

·
4,733 Posts
altise said:
I thought so too. . .the PM schedule straight from Nissan places the fuel filter at 30k mile marks. . .30k, 60k, 90k. . .
It wouldn't hurt to do it in shorter intervals...it can only be better for the car. Especially something as simple as changing the fuel filter. I change my plugs every 7-10K miles. and My fuel filter about every 10k, and my oil evey 3k. My car runs awesome with almost 92,000 miles on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts