well i looked up a 90 Pulsar NX

and here's the specs:

1.6 Liter SOHC engine
90hp 96lbs torque

curb weight: 2,388lbs

although i did find a 88 that has the CA18DE
1.8 liter DOHC

i think in the JDM market the Pulsar SSS comes w/ the SR20DE

now that engine, in that light of a car... WAAAHOOOOO!

edit: and i think (according to chilton's) the Sentra replaced the Pulsar...

·
Speed Alliance
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i found two models of the body style im talking about, theres a NX1600 and a NX2000, Im guessing the 1600 is the 1.6 sohc and the 2000 is a sr20de

·
Registered
969 Posts

·
Speed Alliance
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i remember seeing that. Intresting about that, the first 6cyl. altima. Do you think an sr20det would fit in the nx2000 no problems, theres one guy on sound domain with a turboed NX, runs 12's with almost stock sr motor and stripped interior. I cant imagine what one with a modded sr would run, they were also one of road and tracks top cars for handling. and the best part, there selling for under 2000 on auto-trader.

·
Registered
969 Posts
well they have a pulsar SSS (like i said above) that comes w/the SR20DE... so if you got that model, then i'm sure the DET would fit in there.. but since it's a small car, you might hafta find room for the intercooler, and maybe routing the piping would be a little difficult... not sure...

as far as putting a SR20DET into regular NX... i'm sure you'd hafta customize alot (unless you got the jdm part from the SSS model) i'm not sure if the regular pulsar's are RWD or FWD...

i would talk to the guy who's running the SR20DE on sound domain... see how he shoe horned it in there... that would be a good start for getting some more info...

just read your post again... the guy is running a turboed SR... i'm guessing aftermarket turbo... ask him why he did that instead of getting a DET...

·
Registered
881 Posts
My cousin had a '92 NX 2000. That little thing was a piece of crap, but it would go. One time the lock on the passenger door messed up, so I had to crawl out the driver's side for like a month til he got it fixed.

·
I hate my Altima.
831 Posts
I dont think the sentra replaced the Pulsar NX's , I think the NX2000's did . . . cool little cars, i'd love to have a 5spd NX to beat around on.

-Wisky

1 - 20 of 52 Posts