The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
remove it if u want a throatier sounding intake.
Jay

·
Nissan God
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn i thought my CAI was loud, shit i wonder how much louder i'll get..hhehe oh yeah, there is a hose going into it. do i need to hook a beather up to it? jus leaveit?

·
Registered
859 Posts
u hafta plug up the hole...

i used some duct tape... but u may want to try to get a rubber plug or a cap or something...

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
altimuh said:
u hafta plug up the hole...

i used some duct tape... but u may want to try to get a rubber plug or a cap or something...
clear packing tape worked for me.
Jay

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
are you guys talking about the hose coming from the tranny..that curves at the top? damnit..nobody told me i was supposed to plug it up..its just chillin there..

·
DJ QUIK
858 Posts
ZKrazy said:
are you guys talking about the hose coming from the tranny..that curves at the top? damnit..nobody told me i was supposed to plug it up..its just chillin there..
no, that is a pressure release or something for the tranny, we're talking about the box that drops down under the maf, right between the throttle body and the intake box. you have to plug up the hole if you take the box out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
now will that affect the performance of the engine??.....and another thing...which u guys probably talked about it...what is it's actual function?

·
DJ QUIK
858 Posts
RAYISMAXIMUS said:
never mind i saw the actual function.................but will it work with the stock box on too??
yeah, you will notice a slightly throatier sound but not much. Might as well do it now if you ever plan on getting an intake.

·
Nissan God
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i unhooked it and cant find anything to plug it up. anyways i tried to start it up and it died on me. so i guess i gotta find something to plug it up. cant find any tape though!

·
Nissan God
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NiceDashStick said:
you could also plug it with that goofy cigarette lighter thing that says 12v on it. :D
LOL i actually thought about that!:D

·
Nissan God
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Neegra said:
use a pvc plug and like hidaltima said, i think it was 3/4"
where do u find those? home depot?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts