The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard that K&N are the best cuz they have oil in them and repel water or sumthing?.. but i figured something like a REactive heatshield filter would be best cuz its somewhat protected and its also oiled.. what do u think

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
all K&N like filters are pretty much the same, and you don't really need a ractive filter with a CAI cause you're already pulling in cold air

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
2,051 Posts
4bangn said:
I thought that the PR CAI came with a filter?
MY MAN SO MADE HIM AN INTAKE:) ITS NOT THE PRI. BUT WHATS UP SO, I HEARD A/B THE RACES MAN, SOUNDED LIKE IT WAS FUN, LATAS MAN. . .

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i made my own intake, but guess what, it sounds just as good as Justins AEM cai, not as loud but very similar..hehe. man it was fun as shit, i hope there is a track where im moving to next week

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
I have a Ractive filter. I love them. My bro's Tegra has a ractive with CAI, and we put one on his CRX too. You can never ever be cold enough. You should do everything possible to get the air as cool as possible.

·
Simple Pleasures C.C.
3,227 Posts
Get a K&N filter for it bro...then go and find a shop the deals with dirt bikes and see if they can get Bel-Ray Foam Filter Oil. This stuff is about $8 a quart, but it will last forever. It is so damn tacky that you need a paint brush to apply it and ONLY put it on the outside of the filter...it will work better than anything....

·
525 Posts
the deal with the k&n and the oil, is that once some dirt particles are trapped in the oil, it serves as another layer of filter... this is what they claim on their packaging anyway.

The k&n that came with my PR cai sucks because the top of the filter is capped off(it can only suck in air through the sides of the filter), where on other filters, you can suck in air from the sides as well as the top of the filter.

I don't think the ractive w/shield makes much of a difference if you are running cai setup, because the air doesn't stay in the filter long, the air moves through the filter pretty quickly.

I think a good filter will come with an intake horn(velocity stack), such as the Stillen cone filter intake. It serves to smooth & direct the incoming air. RS Akimoto filters have a built in velocity stack in their filters($50+).

·
788 Posts
K&N makes most of the filters for other companies...only the other companies get customized ones with chrome endcaps, or the open (filtered) cap, or whatever. Just look at the Blitz filters...K&N. Excluding companies like Weapon R, or HKS (which use foam filters), almost ALL are contracted with K&N to make their filter.

Out.

·
coffee black and egg whit
2,745 Posts
...sizzooo i love that spoiler how much what kind? can i get one for cheaper? hwo much was paint where? was it hard getting the oem one off and filling in the holes and then repainting the trunk? post back in this forum or u can email me.... [email protected]

god that spoiler looks good

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SolacE said:
Get a K&N filter for it bro...then go and find a shop the deals with dirt bikes and see if they can get Bel-Ray Foam Filter Oil. This stuff is about $8 a quart, but it will last forever. It is so damn tacky that you need a paint brush to apply it and ONLY put it on the outside of the filter...it will work better than anything....
thanx man, hey what did u do to prevent water from reaching the filter in the first place? i cant figure out how i can do it, cuz theres that gap under the headlights and corner light, and i think thats it. so will that stuff work really good, man it rained today and i was scared as shit to drive. what are the chances i'll get water sucked in? who else is like me and scared ? LOL

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FiReMuNkI said:
...sizzooo i love that spoiler how much what kind? can i get one for cheaper? hwo much was paint where? was it hard getting the oem one off and filling in the holes and then repainting the trunk? post back in this forum or u can email me.... [email protected]

god that spoiler looks good
thanx man, its a Wings West Commando. it was made for a 96-00 civic coupe. i got it painted for $50 through a friend. it was pretty easy pullin the factory spoiler off. juss 6 nuts and there ya go. i didnt fill any of the holes. i juss out some tape over them..lol i didnt have any money for body work. it works fine. man i dunno where u can get one cheap. but i got mine through a hook up hehe. im tryin to sell it if ur interested

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its fits pretty well actually, the only thing is at the very ends of it hand over the trunk cuz of the way the trunk curves at the sides. but other than that, it should be very easy to mold it in. thats what i plan on doing when i decide on a kit

1 - 17 of 17 Posts