The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I like the "Mother's" brand of waxes. Specifically the Mother's Pure Carnuba Paste Wax. Some of the other guys on here use other fancier brands but I find that the Mother's stuff is easy to use and leaves a nice deep shine, plus it's available at most auto stores. Meguiars (spelling?) is also a good brand found in auto stores. Meguiars has a polymer sealant #20 that works really well but you have to put on a few coats to build up a layer of protection. You can check the Meguiars website for the polymer sealant, not too many places carry that item. I used it on my '96 Grand Am GT when I first got it and I didn't have to wax the car for a year. I put on between 6 and 9 coats and it was lots of work but boy did it protect the car. It was mostly 3 coats on, then wipe off and repeat 2-3 times. I've alternated the Meguiars and Mothers products on my Grand Am and when clean the car still looks like new. It will be 6 years old this coming summer.

·
Registered
717 Posts
If you're going to pick something up at your local
Car Parts Store, I prefer Eagle 1 (polish) or Meguires.

·
1,333 Posts
I prefer Meguire's

They also have a nice product called "Quick Detail Mist"
You spray it on to remove light dust/pollen good for a few days after you have waxed your car. It restores that freshly waxed look and feel. Please note: it is not intended for use on a car with alot of dirt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts