The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i searched and searched, and couldn't find anything. anyway, could someone help me out here? i'm mostly concerned with the 2nd generation altimas though. thanks

·
they call me the butcher
4,232 Posts
xe= base almost nothing power the very min u can get in a car

gxe= the basic car alot of power ,ac standard
with a good amount of options

gle= the luxary sedan version leather, all power, luxary options

se= the sports model , options simalar to the gle, with stiffer suspesnsion
rear discs, and other sport items

·
The Next Generation
380 Posts
enyce said:
xe=base
gxe= a little better
gle= leather
se= the grandaddy of them all

i have a 1st gen gxe..which i know you aren't too concerned with..but i'm gonna try to sum this up...

xe=crap options (cheap base price)
power nothing
am/fm radio (if lucky)
valour cloth
gxe=some options (avg base price)
power everything except seat (<--i have on 1st gen)
am/fm radio/tape deck (not sure if cd players an option)
still valour cloth
moonroof option(?)
gle=much better options (higher base price)
leather seats
power everything
am/fm radio cd optional
moonroof option
choice of wheels
se=anything else will be uncivilized (highest base price)
leather seats
power everything
am/fm cd w/disc changer option
standard moonroof (?)
choice of wheels (alloy or whatever the other one is)

i could be missing or adding a few things to the options for each but it should help you out a little better.....some one please correct me if i'm wrong or off a sh!t load!:confused: :D

·
Registered
6,296 Posts

·
25,204 Posts
Man, this has been covered like 50 times.

The GLE's did not get discs in the rear.
Leather was not standard on SE's.
LSD was never standard on any of them.
Sunroof was never standard.
ABS wasn't standard until like 98 or 99.

The early SE's got you different seats, the wing, the rear discs, the alloys, a thicker rear sway bar, very slightly lower springs, and fog lights.

There are so many weird variations though, someone's always got one that will go against the norm. There was a random GXE disc package....The LSD's showed up in a few autos....The GLE's were mainly all auto, but there are a few 5 speed GLE's around....

Oh, and this all applies to First gens. Seconds are a bit different.

·
15,423 Posts
Peterson said:
Man, this has been covered like 50 times.

The GLE's did not get discs in the rear.
Leather was not standard on SE's.
LSD was never standard on any of them.
Sunroof was never standard.
ABS wasn't standard until like 98 or 99.

The early SE's got you different seats, the wing, the rear discs, the alloys, a thicker rear sway bar, very slightly lower springs, and fog lights.

There are so many weird variations though, someone's always got one that will go against the norm. There was a random GXE disc package....The LSD's showed up in a few autos....The GLE's were mainly all auto, but there are a few 5 speed GLE's around....

Oh, and this all applies to First gens. Seconds are a bit different.
I didn't think that leather was standard on the SE.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,799 Posts
the GXE for a 99 had AC, Power everything cept seats. has Cruise Control and CD player/4 speakers standard. also 60/40 split rear seats. remote door open. basically what they slap you with as a convenience package in a 2000+ is what was standard in the 99's.

you could get the security package which adds a CD/Cassette player, 6 speakers, power antenna, and security system for MSRP $600.

·
Official Troll
10,468 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yea i just bought a silver 95 Altima and i cant tell which model it is. Theres nothing on the car to tell me which one it is and its not on the title. It had the cloth seats, auto, am/fm radio, drum brakes in the rear, no sunroof, and hubbies. Can anyone help me out and tell me how i can figure out what model my altima is?

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,799 Posts
altimahalic said:
if the gle comes with leather, then why doen't mine have leather? i know its a ge because it has a heads up display. any ideas?
maybe cuz in 93 it was an option?

or the HUD was an option on the GXE maybe. is your car badged as a GLE or does it say GLE on any documentation?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
CJAltima822 said:
Yea i just bought a silver 95 Altima and i cant tell which model it is. Theres nothing on the car to tell me which one it is and its not on the title. It had the cloth seats, auto, am/fm radio, drum brakes in the rear, no sunroof, and hubbies. Can anyone help me out and tell me how i can figure out what model my altima is?
usually if it doesn't say on the car, its a gxe. at least that's how the maximas are. gle's will have gle, and se's will have se

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.