The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
renwO amitlA duorP
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah i was wondering if anyone knew what the difference was between a 93-97 front strut bar and the 98-2001 strut bar. they look almost identical. is the length different or something? because if that was the case, the strut bar is able to be lengthened right? so whats the deal?

·
PrOuD To Be HaWaIiAn
3,416 Posts
i hear that the maxima ones may fit on our 2nd gens. i say just go to the dealer, you don't need to get a bad ass looking strut bar. to me most strut bars will give the same feel.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
the ebay-maxima ones have trouble fitting.

go with the Stillen, they fit both the maxima and the altima.

·
renwO amitlA duorP
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was actually looking at the arospeed front strut bar made for 98-01 altimas. They make it but i cant find any place that sells the arospeed one for the altima. does anyone know of any online store that sells the arospeed one?

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
The 2nd-Gen bar will fit on a 1st Gen... but a 1st Gen bar won't fit on a 2nd-Gen... You're probably thinking WTF!!?? :confused:.

Here's why. On the top of the strut tower on the 2nd Gens, there are bumps that extend radially from the center hole of the strut tower. These were put in for "crumple zones" and stress distribution. These bumps run right through where the Strut-Tower Brace would mount. So, as a result, there are some semi-circle cutouts on the 2nd-Gen bars, so that the brace can be mounted flush against the strut tower.

If you look at the strut tower here, you'll see the bumps and the cutouts on the strut tower brace. The blue things inside the strut towers are Stillen Camber Plates.

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
ASHURA said:
PT, looks like some hardware problem from stillen? rust on the nut?
Why are you looking at my nuts? :confused: :p OK. That was too easy.

Yeah, the rust has started showing up after I put a socket to them a few times when I was adjusting and installing hardware. No biggy... just not very aesthetically pleasing.

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
pt, get urself some CLP. u can find them @ oshmans in the gun cleaner section. clean lube and protects. it'll just desolve the rusts and keep it from coming back.

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
chiadog said:
pt, get urself some CLP. u can find them @ oshmans in the gun cleaner section. clean lube and protects. it'll just desolve the rusts and keep it from coming back.
Oh, believe me, I've got that stuff already. Keeps my SIGs nice and happy. :D Never thought of using it on my car though... I'll give it a shot tonight! :D

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
nice, i just remembered u are a fellow sig man :D i use CLP for everything :p try using it in cleaning the rubber hoses under the hood!

·
MoSt BeAt On ThE StReET!!
311 Posts
I have a 95-98 maxima Strut Bar on my 2nd gen and it fits fine. Its adjustable so the length is no problem. It only cost me $25 shipped.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts