The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
many words, few of wisdom
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the scene like up there? I might be going to Canada again and seattle to visit a friend in november or december. I drove up to Canada last August and didn't notice a lot.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
That's because you went to the wrong part of Canada! lol!
It's all happening in Toronto.

Actually, that's a nice drive from Cali to BC. I did that a while ago and it was one of the best coastal drives I've done!

·
Wanted
1,084 Posts
If you are talking about the import scene, it's nothing like what I saw in the greater L.A. area. I would say that Vancouver, B.C. has a larger following than Seattle. That was the first place I saw tuner shops inside a mall. Around the Richmond area I see more hooked-up luxury (BMW) and higher end cars (like Supras and RX-7s). In Seattle I've notice more ghetto rice (mine included) :D

·
Registered
397 Posts
I am coming back to Portland for good. I dont know some of you I see on here, but for those that know me, I am moving back to Portland in 3 weeks. Full bodykitted rollin 19"s and all, but still not painted. Ill see you then.....:D :D :D :D :D

·
de-moderator
2,134 Posts
Tman said:
I am coming back to Portland for good. I dont know some of you I see on here, but for those that know me, I am moving back to Portland in 3 weeks. Full bodykitted rollin 19"s and all, but still not painted. Ill see you then.....:D :D :D :D :D
badass travis! My car is actually coming along now heh. Are you going to move back to the same place as before? I have to go check out your car now!

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
The scene is ok .... Certanly no Cali. but we have some cool cars , yea lots of rice , but I can think of alot of really nice , quick imports .... there are 2 main drag tracks , Woodburn Or. and Portland International Raceway ( drag and road race ) ...... So there are lots of chances to race and show off your car !!! Woodburn has monthly Import drags in the summer , and PIR has late night drags most Fri. and Sat. nights !!! The one thing I do notice around here thats even different from Seattle is , people in Portland seem to stay to themselfs ..... It is rare that I have someone come up and ask about my car ....... Even at the track !!! When we went to the Seattle NIRA race with my brothers G20 we had crazy amounts of people asking about the car !!! Anyways when you get here look me up , we need a Nissan meet sometime soon !!!

·
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
think mid december after finals for college, and hold it where there is no snow (this asian person dont like the cold), and pray I can fix my ride by than and I will be there.

·
Registered
116 Posts
There are a lot of car shows at Pacific Raceway out towards covington off hwy 18, (SIR to some). its under new management so they are putting on a lot of stuff. summer is over so it is dieing down again. but there is something going on every weekend. or you can go to the illegall drags in Renton.

·
"In Orbe Terum Non Visi"
874 Posts
94NISSAN said:
There are a lot of car shows at Pacific Raceway out towards covington off hwy 18, (SIR to some). its under new management so they are putting on a lot of stuff. summer is over so it is dieing down again. but there is something going on every weekend. or you can go to the illegall drags in Renton.

Dude,
You're not suppose to disclose the drag at Renton but ooops, I guess it's too late! Just kidding bro! I've been there several times (each time I go, my Alty comes back crying!) and haven't been lately! How's everything down there?

·
Bruised Soup
9,958 Posts
YES, we need to have a meet!!! and soon!!! my car is almost winterized, so i will be able to take her on a little travel......
might have a 2 litre built motor put in soon....

·
Registered
65 Posts
we have quite a few ricers in like the ghetto areas like everett and stuff. they have a big import scene in vancouver in richmond especially. maybe we could meet up when u come up here:D

·
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
first i got to finish summer school, make some $$, fix my car than i will roll again, now my car is in shambles, i get groceries in my mom's corolla, yea its sad

·
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i got exactly 2 wks as of this thursday at noon to go any where before school starts. if i do roll up that way i will give you guys a holla, you bet

·
Registered
116 Posts
Cops already know about renton. they are always there. thats why we just meet there and head to other places. The location always changes though. i just got my altima and am starting to fix it up. any ideas on a good engine.

·
"In Orbe Terum Non Visi"
874 Posts
94NISSAN said:
Cops already know about renton. they are always there. thats why we just meet there and head to other places. The location always changes though. i just got my altima and am starting to fix it up. any ideas on a good engine.

Did you say you just got your Altima? Is this the 1994 one or you're talking about a "brand new" one i.e. 02 or 03?

·
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if its the 94 one, than do a SR20DET swap or build the engine up for a turbo

·
Bruised Soup
9,958 Posts
SR20DET isnt an easy swap...lots of fabrication needts to be done..the block will fit fine, just fabs to motor mounts, sttering shaft, exhaust manifold, etc etc...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts